Americans are dying and we can’t wait.
Now, more than ever, communities are being torn apart by Trump’s environmental rollbacks and bailouts of the fossil fuel industry.
Over the last several months:
- Trump has weakened the 50-year-old National Environmental Policy Act to speed up the construction of fossil fuel infrastructure.
- 68 environmental regulations from the EPA have been revoked, 32 more in progress.
- The Trump Administration, Big Oil, and the auto industry have rolled back CAFE standards, the fuel efficiency rules that prevent pollution and save lives.
- Trump’s EPA has allowed the sale of dirtier “winter fuel” gasoline during COVID-19, worsening air quality in the midst of a respiratory virus pandemic.
- The Trump Administration provided “regulatory relief” from the Toxic Substances Control Act for chemical and petrochemical manufacturers.
- The EPA finalized a rule lowering emissions standards for coal plants in Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
- The National Mining Association has lobbied to get out of paying into the Black Lung Disability Trust Fund that provides healthcare for 20,000 sick coal miners.
- Oil and gas companies have lined up to get billions of dollars from the “Trump Slush Fund” that is being doled out to major corporations.
- The American Petroleum Institute got the Environmental Protection Agency to stop enforcing environmental and public health protections indefinitely.
And many many more, view full list here.
They expose that Trump’s loyalty to the fossil fuel industry takes precedence over human lives. They expose the failure of the EPA and other government agencies to protect the immediate safety of their constituents.
The 2020 election is the most important election of our lifetime.
Which is why this November, we will be voting Trump and his administration out of office in defense of our right to live. We have no choice.
We must fight for vulnerable communities and for our nation’s 74 million youth.
We must elect leaders who pick people over profit.
We must combat rampant voter suppression with historic voter turnout.
By signing, I pledge to vote on behalf of youth and for the health and safety of our communities.
Sign the official pledge: bit.ly/NoRollbacks