THORChain release Testnet 3
The team are excited to announce the following details:
- Testnet is live again for testing at testnet.bepswap.com
- Testnet wallets can be generated using @bepswapbot on telegram
40,000 RUNE is still allocated for the Top 10 wallets that interact with the network as well as submitting Gitlab Issues.
An additional 20,000 RUNE to be shared with any user that builds functional products that are open-source and work with the network.
A screen cast walkthrough is below:
Consolidated Home Screen
The following are the changes incorporated:
- Single home screen with
PENDINGpools available for review
SWAPbuttons available for each pool
New Swap Screen
Feedback from the community has resulted in a substantially simplified swap screen:
- Single input box
- Output field and output token selector
- Swap Rate and Swap Slip shown in a separate area
- Fees shown under Swap Slider
The team spent the entire week bug-fixing the blockchain, as well as the Bifröst and TSS protocol. The following are some of the merge requests in support of this:
- [bugfix] Ignore non stdtx
- [bugfix] mark outbound as done more accurately
- [bugfix] fix bifrost pubkey manager
- [bugfix] pubkey mgr refreshes signer pks
- [bugfix] re-enable outbound memos
- [bugfix] panic when tss is frozen
- [bugfix] smarter thorchain block height querying
- [bugfix] clear markers on outbound
- [bugfix] bifrost add tss timeout
- [bugfix] don’t kill transaction if we don’t update last chain height
- [bugfix] txout outhash marks all tx outs
Towards the end of the week, the team stress-tested the protocol more thoroughly, by cycling 3000+ random transactions through the network in the space of a few hours in order to find bottlenecks and bugs.
If Testnet 3 proves stable the team will focus on releasing another testnet that will allow potential THORNodes to practice joining and leaving, which will be a separate testnet to the one above.
The order of events are:
1) Testnet 4 — public nodes to practice bond/join/leave
2) Binance Chain Chaosnet >> will end in Ragnarok.
3) Multi-chain ASGARDEX chaosnet.
4) Multi-chain ASGARDEX mainnet.
To keep up to date with the project, please monitor community channels, particularly Telegram, Discord and Twitter: