Weekly Dev Update #73
THORChain Weekly Dev Update for Week 73, 08–14 Dec; Multichain fixes, Wallet Integration, MidgardV2, Bridge updates.
The team extensively tested multichain across its full life-cycle and some fixes were required. Wallet integration is still ongoing. Midgard V2 is the primary API going forward and the team are working to ensure parity with V1 and required features from the developer community. Work began on the final Ethereum testing, as well as BitcoinCash. The community released some updates to their tools.
Bug-fixes and improvements from another week of testing multichain, taking it from genesis, all the way up to multiple Asgard vaults, then back down to a Ragnarök.
- [FIX] Allow ‘/thorchain/balance/` endpoint to query bond/asgard/reserve
- [infra] Custom docker image
- Resolve “FIX: thorcli to use 931 path”
- Don’t orphan trace amounts of BTC funds
- Resolve “[FIX] Increase the uniqueness of TxOutItem stored in bifrost”
- Fix yggdrasil funding with multi-asgard
Work required to update Midgard to the new event structures being emitted from THORChain. Multichain will only use MidgardV2 going forward.
- Consistent handling of proxied urls.
- New pool statuses and Remove Mock Server
- Add state checks
- Update thornode api calls
- Refactor history/depths
Continual improvements, including now supporting Azure.
- Add missing types to variables
- Add info to AWS instance type
- Add provider integration — Azure
- Update digital ocean kubernetes cluster slug
- Apply canonical format to config files
- Add missing phony targets in Makefile
Actively-developed bridges will be reported here going forward. Bridges are commissioned once a team who can implement is identified and work begins.
- Bitcoin: Complete, edge case testing on live testnet
- Ethereum: Implementing for testnet
- Gaia: Under review
- Haven: Under implementation
- BitcoinCash: Under implementation
- Polkadot: Under implementation
Work continues to prepare the client for Multichain Chaosnet.
The following tools receive regular updates:
Delphi Defi Dashboard
THORChain Network Explorer
Continual Improvements, now with custom sub-domains for each net:
THORChain Official Block Explorer
THORChain Dashboard (ViewBlock)
View historical yield and simulate future yield in pools:
View current arbitrage opportunities in the pools
Mobile version being prepared, as well as a widget and watch app:
View the current leaderboard for traders on THORChain
GrassRootsCrypto consistently puts out great educational videos on THORChain, users should subscribe and bookmark the channel.
Multi-chain Testnet 2 with Native Rune underwent extensive testing, some edge cases were found and fixed. The team will be deciding whether to upgrade the current net or re-deploy. There is also a hold-up on the wallet side to allow seamless switching to Native Rune. The team are spiking this.
You can view the live network here:
To keep up to date, please monitor community channels, particularly Telegram and Twitter: