Weekly Dev Update #75
THORChain Weekly Dev Update for Week 75, 22 Dec — 03 Jan; Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash support, small improvements to clients
Mostly a light update — the team took 1.5 weeks off over Christmas, except for whoever runs the twitter account.
The team continues prep the chain for Multichain, significant progress has been made on Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash support.
Bug-fixes and improvements, as well as some changes for Ethereum.
- Make sure the asset put into MaxGas is always gas asset
- Resolve “Switch smoke tests to midgard-v2”
- Update swap queue logic to pick correct pool when target asset is RUNE
- Remove AccountCoin type so Account can hold account information become chain agnostic
- Refactor pubkey manager to support contract
Work continues to prep Midgard V2 to handle Multichain requirements.
- only meta + bugfix
- Make config overridable by using env variables with the MIDGARD_ prefix
- Update txs endpoint and rename to actions
Actively-developed bridges will be reported here going forward. Bridges are commissioned once a team who can implement is identified and work begins.
- Bitcoin: Complete, edge case testing on live testnet
- Ethereum: Complete, prepping for testnet
- BitcoinCash: Complete, prepping for testnet
- Cosmos: Under review
- Haven: Under implementation
- Polkadot: Under implementation
Work continues to prepare the client for Multichain Chaosnet.
The following tools receive regular updates:
Delphi Defi Dashboard
THORChain Network Explorer
Continual Improvements, now with custom sub-domains for each net:
THORChain Official Block Explorer
THORChain Dashboard (ViewBlock)
View historical yield and simulate future yield in pools:
View current arbitrage opportunities in the pools
RUNEStake can be used to see yield in THORChain liquidity pools.
View the current leaderboard for traders on THORChain
GrassRootsCrypto consistently puts out great educational videos on THORChain, users should subscribe and bookmark the channel.
Multi-chain Testnet with Native Rune is deployed and being stabilised. The next milestone is to re-deploy with Ethereum, BitcoinCash and 0.40 update.
You can view the live network here:
To keep up to date, please monitor community channels, particularly Telegram and Twitter: