Weekly Dev Update #76
THORChain Weekly Dev Update for Week 76, 04–11 Jan; Ethereum Router Upgradeability, Bitcoin Cash finalised, Synthetic Assets, Midgard tweaks.
Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash has been completed, Ethereum now has the ability to upgrade its Routing contract if a new one is deployed. Work has shifted to finalise the 0.40 Stargate update, which has been a significant refactor to re-write for the new protobuf encoding scheme. The team also continue to study and finalise the economic model for synthetic assets.
Bug-fixes and improvements, as well as some changes for Ethereum.
- Resolve “[FIX] fee and slip for swap queue has not been calculated correct”
- ETH ERC20
- Update the gas strategy , not allow bifrost to spend more than MaxGas
- Resolve “[ADD] Add BCH chain client”
- Resolve “[FIX] Replace GETH custom build with standard ones”
- Fix contract env typo
- Update node status with new chains
Work continues to prep Midgard V2 to handle Multichain requirements.
- Small rdm updates
- documentation updates
- Differenciate stats and stats/legacy
- API updates
- Make add_liquidity tx fields nullable.
Actively-developed bridges will be reported here going forward. Bridges are commissioned once a team who can implement is identified and work begins.
- Bitcoin: Complete, edge case testing on live testnet
- Ethereum: Complete, prepping for testnet
- BitcoinCash: Complete, prepping for testnet
- Cosmos: Under review
- Haven: Under implementation
- Polkadot: Under implementation
Work continues to prepare the client for Multichain Chaosnet.
The following tools receive regular updates:
Delphi Defi Dashboard
THORChain Network Explorer
Continual Improvements, now with custom sub-domains for each net:
THORChain Official Block Explorer
THORChain Dashboard (ViewBlock)
View historical yield and simulate future yield in pools:
View current arbitrage opportunities in the pools
RUNEStake can be used to see yield in THORChain liquidity pools.
View the current leaderboard for traders on THORChain
GrassRootsCrypto consistently puts out great educational videos on THORChain, users should subscribe and bookmark the channel.
Multi-chain Testnet with Native Rune is deployed and being stabilised. The next milestone is to re-deploy with Ethereum, BitcoinCash and 0.40 update.
You can view the live network here:
To keep up to date, please monitor community channels, particularly Telegram and Twitter: