Weekly Dev Update #78
THORChain Weekly Dev Update for Week 78, 19–25 Jan; Litecoin, new Testnet, final preparations in ASGARDEX, upcoming releases for Community Products, ethereum support in XChainJs
Synth fixes to multichain, as well as adding Litecoin. A new testnet was prepared and deployed:
Seed Service: https://testnet.seed.thorchain.info
The team are preparing the network and wallet for an orderly public rollout with support for BTC, ETH, BCH, LTC and BNB chains. Expect this later this week or early next week.
Multichain patches, including some updates to synths (prefix, virtual depths, redemption whilst staged).
In addition, the need to attach a coin for deposit requests is removed (no need to send 0.00000001 RUNE for a withdrawal etc).
Litecoin was also added.
- Resolve “[FIX] Register message through amino”
- change synth prefix to ‘thor’
- don’t require coins for withdraw, unbond, or leave
- Resolve “[ADD] Add LTC chain client”
- allow unavailable pools to have their synthetic asset swap back to rune
- Add wait for eth contract deploy
- fix yggdrasil Return deduct gas twice for BCH and BTC
- update tendermint to v0.34.2
- avoid deduct yggdrasil return gas twice
- [bugfix] fix synth swap issues
- Patch reserve handler
- When binance block scanner failed to parse coin , it should move on
- Merge branch ‘761-issue’ into ‘testnet’
- binance block scanner move on if it can’t parse the coin
- 2x pool depths for calculating swap fees for synthetic swaps
- track burned non-native rune
- Update ETH smart contract , some event name changed
- Update repos path
- Revert “Merge branch ‘762-issue’ into ‘master’”
Work continues to prep Midgard V2 to handle Multichain requirements.
- Minor refactoring of db update on startup.
- unique counts and 30d period
- Fix dockerfile
- Upgrade to tendermint v0.34.1 to match thornode.
- Add smoke and build ci steps
- Feature acsaba
- Bugfix: allow filtering by both txids.
- pull development changes to production branch
Ethereum was merged as a package. It supports Rinkeby.
BitcoinCash and Litecoin will be implemented next.
Actively-developed bridges will be reported here going forward. Bridges are commissioned once a team who can implement is identified and work begins.
- Bitcoin: Deployed to testnet
- Ethereum: Deployed to testnet
- BitcoinCash: Deployed to testnet
- Litecoin: Deployed to testnet
- Cosmos: Under review — considering moving to IBC implementation
- Haven: Under implementation — work focusses on solving EDDSA MSig
- Polkadot: Under implementation — some hurdles to cross with bifrost state sync.
Work continues to prepare the client for Multichain Chaosnet. It will be ready within the week. Node operators can BOND and monitor their nodes.
The following tools receive regular updates:
Delphi Defi Dashboard
THORChain Network Explorer
Continual Improvements, now with custom sub-domains for each net:
THORChain Official Block Explorer
THORChain Dashboard (ViewBlock)
View historical yield and simulate future yield in pools:
View current arbitrage opportunities in the pools. New card-style overviews.
RUNEStake can be used to see yield in THORChain liquidity pools.
View the current leaderboard for traders on THORChain
GrassRootsCrypto consistently puts out great educational videos on THORChain, users should subscribe and bookmark the channel.
Multi-chain Testnet with Native Rune and Bitcoin, Ethereum, BitcoinCash, Litecoin, Binance Chain and 0.40 update has been deployed. The team are acquiring quantities of testnet assets in order to seed the first few pools such that the network can be adequately tested by the public. If you can help the team acquire the following testnet assets, please reach out:
* BCH (testnet)
* ETH (Rinkeby)
* Litecoin (testnet)
To keep up to date, please monitor community channels, particularly Telegram and Twitter: