Weekly Dev Update #79
THORChain Weekly Dev Update for Week 79, 26–31 Jan; Redeployed Testnet, final preparations in ASGARDEX, ZCash and Dogecoin bridges scoped, Litecoin, Bitcoincash support in XChainJs
The multichain testnet was prepared and deployed, but subsequently relaunched after a decimals-handling issue was found on Ethereum. It was then relaunched again, after Rinkeby Ethereum was found to be too difficult to get testnet funds (which are crucial to a well-functioning testnet). The new net is now synced to Ropsten. The team was successful in accumulating significant quantities in testnet assets (Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash) from a helpful community member.
Seed Service: https://testnet.seed.thorchain.info
The team are validating a few things relating to node churning as well finalising the wallet. Expect this later this week or early next week for public consumption:
- public nodes can join
- swaps/add liquidity from web interface
- swaps/add liquidity from desktop interface
Multichain patches, including some updates to Ethereum decimal handling.
- Testnet constants2
- [bugfix] add unknown pool status
- release tool had been moved to a new repository
- add pubkey to the binance signature
- order leave nodes by their score
- update native asset gas fee
- when switch ERC20 RUNE to Native RUNE , div e10
- Release version 0.19.0 to chaosnet
- [security] ban nodes that steal funds
- Resolve “[BUG] ERC20 RUNE used 18 decimal points , however Native RUNE and BEP2 RUNE only use 8”
- remove some prometheus metrics , as we don’t use it
- Fix a bug with matching outbound tx against tx out item
Work continues to prep Midgard V2 to handle Multichain requirements.
- efficient websocket handler
- Add rune/asset split for deposits and withdraws.
- Initial websockets implementation
- period based APY ; bugfix: dont fail network endpoint on no churn.
- Global stats field renaming; LiquidityUnits history
Litecoin and BitcoinCash were merged.
Actively-developed bridges will be reported here going forward. Bridges are commissioned once a team who can implement is identified and work begins.
- Bitcoin: Deployed to testnet
- Ethereum: Deployed to testnet
- BitcoinCash: Deployed to testnet
- Litecoin: Deployed to testnet
- Cosmos: Under review — considering moving to IBC implementation
- Haven: Under implementation — work focusses on solving EDDSA MSig
- Polkadot: Under implementation — some hurdles to cross with bifrost state sync.
- ZCash: Scoped, rain-checked
- Avalanche: Rain-checked
- Dogecoin: Under Implementation — no blockers
- Rootstock: Rain-checked
- Zilliqa: Scoped, rain-checked
- Monero: Pending Haven implementation
- Binance Smart Chain: Rain-checked
Work continues to prepare the client for Multichain Chaosnet. It will be ready within the week.
The following tools receive regular updates:
Delphi Defi Dashboard
Upcoming Release for the Dashboard
THORChain Network Explorer
Continual Improvements, now with custom sub-domains for each net:
THORChain Official Block Explorer
THORChain Dashboard (ViewBlock)
View historical yield and simulate future yield in pools:
View current arbitrage opportunities in the pools. New card-style overviews.
RUNEStake can be used to see yield in THORChain liquidity pools.
View the current leaderboard for traders on THORChain
GrassRootsCrypto consistently puts out great educational videos on THORChain, users should subscribe and bookmark the channel.
Multi-chain Testnet with Native Rune and Bitcoin, Ethereum, BitcoinCash, Litecoin, Binance Chain and 0.40 update has been re-deployed. The team are stablising the net for public consumption.
To keep up to date, please monitor community channels, particularly Telegram and Twitter: