Weekly Dev Update #86
THORChain Weekly Dev Update for Week 86, 15–21 Mar; Interface readiness, V0.19.2, Community Updates
THORNode ⏱ (pending public MCTN + 1 week stability
Midgard ⏱ (pending some fixes)
Web Interface ✅
Desktop Interface ✅
Chaosnet Release V0.19.2
Chaosnet Node operators sometimes get 300 slash points because they fail to send yggdrasil fund, and after that, bifrost consistently fail to send outbound transaction and cause node operator to accumulate large amount slash points until they restart bifrost. In this release apply a hard timeout (5 minutes) for keysign, if it take longer than that, bifrost will panic, and then it will be recreated by k8s cluster. This will make it self heal.
Seed Service: https://testnet.seed.thorchain.info
Several bugs around synths were found and fixed, with the help of the community. Work on preparing a hard fork script was completed, with the intent to test a hard fork before Chaosnet. Finally, an improvement to Singlechain V0.19.2, which contains a timeout-panic-restart for the Bifrost to address a lingering bug
Work continues to update Midgard V2 to handle Multichain requirements and fix any depth divergences. Some work to handle synths was also completed, however it is not yet fully integrated.
Stability and fixes for Asgardex requirements.
Actively-developed bridges will be reported here going forward. Bridges are commissioned once a team who can implement is identified and work begins.
- Bitcoin: Deployed to testnet
- Ethereum: Deployed to testnet
- BitcoinCash: Deployed to testnet
- Litecoin: Deployed to testnet
- Dogecoin: Complete, will be activated after MCCN
- ZCash: Scoped, rain-checked
- Haven: MSS complete, rain-checked until after MCCN since the MCTN is demanding resources to stabilise.
- Monero: Pending Haven implementation
- Cardano — Scoping
- Polkadot: Demo’d, rain-checked until after MCCN since the MCTN is demanding resources to stabilise.
- Avalanche: Rain-checked
- Zilliqa: Scoped, rain-checked
- Binance Smart Chain: Likely after MCCN
- Ethereum Classic: Rain-checked
- Rootstock: Rain-checked
- Arbitrum: Rain-checked
Pending IBC integration — Cosmos, Terra, Kava, Secret Network, Injective Protocol, Sifchain, Akash NetworkClients
Work continues to prepare the client for Multichain Chaosnet. V0.0.8 is almost ready for release and has full ETH/ERC20 functionality.
Fully ready for Chaosnet
The following tools receive regular updates:
- Fix BCH errors that were happening on builds
- Update to how we’re handling balances. Previously, it was checking balances synchronously, and if one balance failed, it tripped up the rest. Now fetches balances asynchronously, noticably faster, and displays error if one of the balance API call fails
- Display USD input amount for swaps
- Started getting synths added to asgard.exchange
- Separated mainnet and testnet entry points for the explorer. Allows for clean CI for separate builds
- Fixed bug in state where some testnet endpoints were returning mainnet.
- Fixed bug on pools page of the explorer when pools were returned before RUNE price
- Updated volume chart to line chart instead of bar chart, added touchtip, changed up style
- Added external social links + link to single chain explorer to explorer
— adding necessary configs to packages to upload on PyPI
— testing some packaging tools to prefer one of them
— upload the packages that are not dependent on others, on test.pypi and then PyPI
— changing codes to use the PyPI packages instead of local packages
- Doing some backend cleanup for the profit roll-up stats feature (ongoing)
- Preperation for Multichain:
— Add BCH and LTC monitoring
— Migration from midgard v1 to midgard v2 (ongoing)
New Synthetics Swapping App
- New project started here: https://github.com/block42-blockchain-company/thorchain-synthetics-swap
- Some design work (ongoing)
- Trying out API calls now (ongoing)
— mobile prototype deployed
— mobile nav menu
— mobile post component
— desktop relative sizing adjusted and ready for deploy
— Homepage mobile layout
— mobile facebook like stories
-Added Leaderboard https://leaderboard.runeyield.info and fixed two-days data lagging
- Created @rune_yield_bot for hourly tweet pools stats.
- Improve LP protection implement and report.
*For MCTN testing: (https://mctn.vercel.app/dashboard?thor=tthor1zzwlsaq84sxuyn8zt3fz5vredaycvgm7n8gs6e)
— upgarde rune pages
— safari fixes
— testnet color palette added
— usd value between swap pages
— tag, asset-input, bottom-actions, breadcrumb component update fix
— download keystore in seed phrase
— disconnection bug fixes
— fixing other invalid & bug labeled issues
THORChain Monitoring bot
• Midgard V1 & V2 unified interfaces including TX parser and historical pool depths and prices
• Changes and fixes for price and queue notifications to support Multi-chain environment
• New adapters to Runestake/Runeyield API
• New explorer URLs for all main chains (test and production)
• New address validator
• Mass code refactoring
• Avatar generator:
→ 1. New option: Green laser eyes using face recognition technology (example: https://ibb.co/rxzM6VT)
→ 2. Support for non-square input images
→ 3. It can now accept the image as an uncompressed document to bypass Telegram’s poor JPEG quality
Delphi Defi Dashboard
Upcoming Release for the Dashboard
THORChain Network Explorer
Continual Improvements, now with custom sub-domains for each net:
THORChain Official Block Explorer
View historical yield and simulate future yield in pools:
View current arbitrage opportunities in the pools. New card-style overviews.
RUNEStake && RUNEYield
RUNEStake can be used to see yield in THORChain liquidity pools.
View the current leaderboard for traders on THORChain
GrassRootsCrypto consistently puts out great educational videos on THORChain, users should subscribe and bookmark the channel.
1 week of public testing is the absolute minimum timeline to reach MCCN by end of month. Likelihood of delays is high. Pray to Odin for a smooth launch.
To keep up to date, please monitor community channels, particularly Telegram and Twitter:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/thorchain_org
- Telegram Community: https://t.me/thorchain_org
- Telegram Announcements: https://t.me/thorchain
- Reddit: https://reddit.com/r/thorchain
- Gitlab (primary): https://gitlab.com/thorchain
- Github (secondary): https://github.com/thorchain
- Medium: https://medium.com/thorchain