Beyond 3D mind mapping — reflecting how minds work. 3D visual thinking for creative brainstorming, problem solving, collaborative research and education.
thortspace lets you…
1. CAPTURE YOUR THOUGHTS — thortspace enables you to throw your thoughts down in any order and then organise them once you see what you have got. Or you can organise as you’re going along.
2. SEE THINGS FROM DIFFERENT POINTS OF VIEW— in contrast to a flat page, the surface of a sphere has no single centre. Thortspace is everything from the perspective of everything else.
3. BE PLAYFUL — thortspace supports experimental reflection and play . Contrast with being solely oriented around organising information.
4. MAKE BUILDING BLOCKS — thortspace supports creating reusable chunks of thinking. Put together your chunks of thinking in the form of sphere-networks using embedded and linked spheres.
5. BE PROCESS-oriented — in thortspace the journey matters as much as the destination. This is important, because the same is probably true about thinking.
6. USE SYNTHESIS and ANALYSIS. Thortspace helps you create wholes out of parts, as well as break wholes down into parts.
7. USE SCALING — thortspace enables seamless movement between multiple scales. Slide fluidly between viewing your thinking structures from a whole range of different scales.
thortcloud lets you …
1. COLLABORATE in real-time or asynchronously with users across multiple platforms. They say “two minds are better than one”… now how about three or four minds! More about collaboration in thortspace is here:
Sometimes there is a real benefit in being able to bring your own way of thinking about a project or problem or…medium.com
2. SYNCHRONISE all your sphere data across all your devices and platforms (iOS, Android, Windows and Mac desktops). Online or offline, work seamlessly between your home, your office and out in the wilderness.
3. SHARE spheres with others via a URL or an email address. Resolve differences of opinion with grace and ease. Establish a shared understanding of your project across your entire team.
4. PUBLISH spheres to the web, so that anyone can view them. Some ideas are just too good to want to keep them to yourself… thort.cloud will help you to share your vision with the world. Click below to see an example of a Journey through thortspace, published to the web. Go on a journey into thortspace.
5. BACKUP all your thortspace data — zero setup. Sleep easily! All your great ideas are being kept safe for you, ready for you to return to them any time you want.
6. Add web pictures directly from inside thortspace.
To Install the current versions of the thortspace editor app go to:
For greater elaboration of thortspace features have a look at:
Some colleagues pointed me to an article by Chuck Frey, that compared Concept Maps and Mind Maps, and asked me to say…medium.com
Reviews of thortspace:
I am starting this article as a way of keeping track of articles and reviews about thortspace written or published by…medium.com
Gooisoft’s Thortspace software is subject to international copyright law © 2008–2017 and also international patent law with Patents Granted in UK and Australia, Patents moving to grant USA and HongKong and Patents Pending in Europe and Canada.
UK Patent GB2494520
Australia Patent 2012101951
Patent Pending USA : Patent Application №13/235011
Patent Pending Canada : Patent Application №2847602
Patent Pending EU : Patent Application №12781137.0
Patent Pending Hong Kong : Patent Application №13110453.4