Dear Thortspace … How do I get into and out of the Archive?
Some users have reported to me that they have been stuck trying to get out of the Thortspace Archive system. This is clearly something that we need to make more obvious. But in the meantime, here is how to get in and out of your Archive.
Essentially there are two steps to getting into an archived sphere, and two steps to returning to a normal Think mode sphere.
(1) Select the list you want using the drop-down at the top of the Sphere’s list on the Search tab (either “All” or “Archive”). (2) Select a sphere to visit (either a regular sphere if you’re looking at the normal list, or an archived sphere if you’re looking at your list of archived spheres).
Getting into your Archive
Getting into your Archive is easy.
(1) Choose “Archive” from the drop-down list at the top of the Spheres’ list on the Search tab.
The Spheres’ list will now show the spheres that you have archived, your own and other peoples’.
Note that, as yet, you are still in Think mode.
(2) But now if you click or tap on one of the archived spheres to open it, the word “Think” on the Think Mode button changes to say “Archive”. This is to indicate that you are viewing an archived sphere, which cannot be edited.
Getting out of your Archive
To get out of your Archive we do the above two steps again, but this time instead of choosing “Archive” from the drop-down list, we choose “All”.
(1) First select the Spheres’ list drop-down again and choose “All”.
Now you can see your normal Spheres’ list again, but note that the Mode button still says “Archive” on it, because your current sphere is still an archived sphere.
(2) So now go ahead and choose one of the spheres from your normal Spheres’ list. You are no longer viewing an archived sphere, so your mode button returns to saying “Think”.
There is more about using the Archive to delete and hide spheres in this other article: