Bhava Results in Vimshottari Dasa
When one looks at Dasa-Bhukti results, one is immediately drawn to the disposition of the Grahas i.e., Bhava Ownership, Bhava Occupied and Bhava Aspected and one looks for results in these areas of life. While this approach is relevant to certain extent, it is not complete.
Irrespective of what Dasa is operational, all the Bhavas and Grahas in a horoscope are still active. Hence, it is important to look at the results of all these Bhavas and Grahas, to have a complete understanding on what is happening in a person’s life.
One can follow the following key principles to have a comprehensive understanding of the condition of a person’s life in a certain Dasa-Bhukti.
- In the Dasa of a Shubha Graha, it will protect the house it occupies and aspects.
- The Shubha Graha will also protect the house in Kendra and Trikona from it.
- The Shubha Graha will also protect the house in 12th from it.
- In the Dasa of a Krura Graha, it will damage the house it is occupying unless it is in Uccha, Mula, Sva or Mitra Rasi.
- Similarly, it will damage the house it is aspecting, unless the Bhava falls in Uccha, Mula, Sva or Mitra Rasi.
- Thus, occupation or aspect of a Krura Graha in Neecha or Shatru Kshetra is highly detrimental to the Bhava. It can give anxiety, ill-health, financial troubles etc. pertaining to the afflicted Bhava. If can cause physical and mental injuries as well as serious health troubles, if the affliction is high.
- A Shubha Graha participating in a Shubha-Kartari Yoga will enhance the Bhava under the Shubha-Kartari Yoga.
- A Papa Graha participating in a Papa-Kartari Yoga will cause challenges in the Bhava under the Papa Kartari Yoga.
- The Bhava that has Rahu/ Ketu in Kendra, Kona or 8th from it will have serious troubles in the period of the Nodes. The Dasa of the dispositor of such ill-placed Nodes can also be troublesome, unless they are mollified by Shubha-Drsti Yuti.
- When a Graha conjoins another Graha, then the results are usually given in the periods of the other Graha. For instance, if the 7th lord conjoins another Graha, the marriage responsibility gets transferred to the conjoined graha. In such case the 7th lord is less likely to give the results.
- Thus, in a conjunction of Shubha-Ashubha Graha, the Shubha Graha gives inauspicious results and Ashubha Graha gives auspicious results.
- The Compound Relationship or the Panchadha Maitri has the utmost importance in the Dasa-Bhukti analysis. If the Mahadasa or Bhukti lord are Adhi-Shatru to a certain Bhava lord, it will be hellbent in destroying it. The protection can come from Shubha Drsti or Yuti on the afflicted Bhava.
- When the Mahadasa-Bhukti lord is hell bent in damaging a Bhava, the damage is uncontrollable, if the Bhava Lord and the Karaka are also weak. If the Bhava lord and the Karaka are also under the sway of the Mahadasa-Bhukti lord, the damage is incalculable.
- The Bhava under havoc by the Dasa-Bhukti lord is protected if a favourable graha is transiting the Bhava. For a Bhava, a Favourable Graha is the lord of the Bhava, Karaka of the Bhava, friend of a Bhava, a Graha that attains Uccha in that Bhava. Even aspect or transit of a Shubha graha would protect the Bhava to a large extent, even if the said Graha is inimical to the Bhava lord. Shubha graha is not afflicted is not inclined towards destruction, and it is in their nature, to do good.
- The Mahadasa-Bhukti lord will always try to give good results pertaining to the Bhava where its Uccha Rasi falls. On the contrary, the Bhava where the Neecha Rasi falls is where there will be many challenges.
- The Ashtakavarga should also be reckoned and should be studied from standard texts. A Bhava having low Bindus in the Sarvastakavarga (SAV) is highly susceptible to damage.
- In Ashtakavarga, the Bhinnastakavarga (BAV) of the Mahadasa lord should be studied in great details. The Bhavas where the Bindus are less (usually less than 4), the Bhava suffers. The average Bindus are different for different grahas, and need to be studied.
- The Ashtakavarga of all the other Bhava lords should also be checked. The Graha in whose Bhinnastakavarga, Mahadasa-Bhukti lord has less Bindu in the Rasi they occupied will also suffer.
- When the Mahadasa and Antardasa lords are yoked in a sambandha, their intensity is much higher than otherwise. Even if a Ashubha Graha is connected to the Shubha Graha in some manner, the results of the Ashubha Graha is less inauspicious. If not connected, the Ashubha Graha’s result can cause havoc. On the other hand, if two Ashubha Grahas are connected and their Mahadasa-Bhukti are operational, it can cause great danger to the wellbeing of the person.
What’s mentioned here is not complete, but can be a good starting point. Usually it is difficult to process large among of information, hence, one should start will simple things before progressing into more advanced concepts.
Illustration: Shukra Dasa of a Male Native
Rasi Chart: Dhanu Lagna, Guru in Kumbha, Ketu in Vrshabha, Shani in Mithuna, Shukra in Karka, Surya, Budha and Mangal in Simha, Chandra and Rahu in Vrschika.
Navamsa Chart: Mithuna Lagna, Surya in Mithuna Lagna, Ketu in Karka, Budha in Simha, Chandra and Mangal in Vrschika, Shukra in Dhanu, Rahu in Makara, Guru and Shani in Mesha.
- Shukra is in 8th house in a neutral Rasi, afflicted due to Papa-kartari yoga. However, Shukra occupies a Shubha Navamsa, hence there is some protection.
- Specific Results: Shukra occupies the 8th house being the 6th lord lord from Janma Lagna. From Chandra Lagna, it is the 7th lord in 9th house. Hence, during this Dasa, there could be specific results pertaining to 6th (health hazards, injuries), 7th house (Marriage, also because it is the karaka for marriage), 8th (health and financial difficulties), 9th (good fortune and rise in life due to Shubha graha in 9th house, but to a limited extent due to papa-kartari on the Bhava, and the dispositor in Neecha).
- Shukra aspects Makara in the 2nd house from Janma Lagna and 3rd house from Chandra Lagna. This indicated specific results pertaining to 2nd house (increase in wealth, growth of family), 3rd house (enterprise, travels, progress of the brothers). Shukra’s good results are limited because of the Papa-kartati yoga.
- The Papa-kartari yoga is caused by Shani, Mangal and Surya, indicating diseases (Shani), injuries (Mangal) and financial problems (Surya) will cause many hurdled during Shukra Dasa.
- Shukra is the 6th lord in the 8th house, indicating that the health will be afflicted by disease. Also marital happiness is affected by discord. Shani in the 7th house and Shukra in the 8th indicate marital problems.
- Dispositor of Shukra is in the 12th house from Janma Lagna indicating relocation to a foreign Land.
- Dispositor of Shukra is in the Lagna, Neecha and afflicted by Neecha Rahu from Chandra Lagna, indicating serious health troubles, stress and anxieties in life.
- Lagna: From Janma Lagna, Shukra is Adhi-Shatru to Guru, causing many obstacles, failures, humiliations and health troubles, leaving homeland, troubles in the foreign land etc. From Chandra Lagna, Shukra is the also very evil being the Lord of 7th and 11th house and its position in the 9th is also causing stalling of the Bhagya. Shukra is Mitra towards Chandra Lagna lord Mangal as it is naisargika Sama and Tatkalika Mitra. Shukra is however inimical towards Chandra occupying Lagna and afflicting it by being placed in its Rasi. This is causing affliction to the Lagna.
- Dhana, Kutumba, Vani: From Janma Lagna, Shukra is aspecting the Dhana Bhava from the Randhra Bhava. Being a Shubha Graha and the Labha lord, its aspect from the Randhra can give sudden gain. But the Papakartari has caused serious troubles. Shukra is a Adhi-Mitra towards Dhana Lord, indicating increase of bank balance, growth of family etc., in-spite of the troubles. Shubha’s aspect on the 2nd house can give eloquence, knowledge of the Vedas and spiritual scriptures etc. and even occult knowledge. Shani is occupying the 12th house of loss from Shukra, also indicating heavy loss of wealth and troubles in the family. From Chandra Lagna, Shukra is not positive towards the Dhana Bhava, as it is Adhi-Shatru of the Dhanesha. Thus, troubles are also indicated.
- Sahaja, Parakrama: Both from Janma and Chandra Lagna, this house is positive, as Shukra is Adhi-Mitra to both the lords Shani. But Shukra is not well placed in the 6th house from Sahaja Bhava seen from the Janma Lagna. It is showing troubles and obstacles in the life of younger brother. From the 3rd house, Shukra is a yogakaraka in the 6th house in papa-kartari yoga indicating serious blockages in the life of younger brother. However, the evil is nullified to some extent when seen from the Chandra Lagna.
- Sukha Bhava: From Janma Lagna, this falls in Meena Rasi, where Shukra attains Uccha. Hence Shukra is going to be beneficial to this House. However, Shukra is Adhi-Shatru of this lord, indicating challenges as well. From this Bhava, Shukra occupies a Trikona, which is auspicious, but its power is limited by the Papa-Kartari Yoga. Since, Shukra is also Mitra to the Karaka Mangal, this indicate building or purchasing of a house etc. But mother’s health is afflicted because, Shukra is afflicting Chandra, Chandra is Neecha and Shukra is Adhi-Shatru towards the 4th lord Guru. From Chandra Lagna, Shukra is well disposed towards the 4th Bhava. But being placed in the Shatru sthana, some of the negative indications from the Janma Lagna, is also true. The karaka for vehicles Shukra is afflicted being in the 8th house and under papa-kartari yoga, hence purchase of vehicles is not only difficult but also inauspicious.
- Suta Bhava: From Janma Lagna, the Suta Bhava is in Mesha Rasi, while from Chandra Lagna it is in Meena Rasi. Shukra is positive towards both these Bhavas. However, it is somewhat inimical towards Meena Rasi due Adhi-Shatru relationship towards Guru. From Mesha, Shukra is well placed in a Kendra and Shukra is Mitra towards Mangal placed in 2nd house from itself. This indicate birth of children, betterment of future etc. although there are occasional disturbances, ill health etc. to the Children.
What mentioned above is just the high level Dasa results, which need to be adjusted based on the Bhukti and Gochara results. But the same principles can be followed in the Bhuktis as well. The same process should be repeated for all the Bhavas. Following this process one can assess all the good and bad things happening in one’s life with great level of details. It is definitely more than just knowing the results due to Bhava ownership, occupation, aspects and yogas.
One does not stop taking care of the body, eating food, sleeping etc. While a person can become king in a certain dasa, the health or sleep can be adversely affected. Hence, one should increase the scope of analysis to all the Bhavas. If not in detail but a quick glance on what Bhavas are promoted and what are damaged can help in understanding the overall quality of life.