Secrets of Sudarshana Chakra Dasa: Part 5: Gochara Analysis
The results of a Varsha Lagna are modified by the transiting grahas. When a Shubha graha transits the Varsha Lagna or Lagnesha or aspect them, they increase the auspiciousness and reduces the inauspiciousness inherent due to their natal disposition. On the other hand, when they are conjoined or aspected by Papa-grahas, they increase the inauspiciousness and reduce the auspiciousness.
Thus we need to reconcile influences of both the natal as well as transit.
- Natal auspicious + Transit auspicious = Highly auspicious
- Natal auspicious + Transit inauspicious = mixed
- Natal inauspicious + Transit auspicious = Mixed
- Natal inauspicious + Transit inauspicious = Highly inauspicious.
Phalita Martanda 15.16–18. When the Varsha Lagna or the Varsha Lagnesha is placed in a Subha Sthana (1,2,4,5,7,9) and at the same time conjoined or aspected by a Shubha graha in transit, the year is invariably auspicious. When the Varsha Lagna or Varsha Lagnesha is placed in a Madhyama Sthana (3,10,11) and at the same time, is conjoined or aspect by Shubha graha in transit, there is ample gain. However, when the Varsha lagna or the Lagnesha is placed in a Dusthana (6,8,12) from the Janma Lagna and at the same time conjoined or aspected by a Papa-graha, the results are invariably inauspicious and the native may suffer death like suffering.
Phalita Martanda 15.19. When the aforesaid Shubha and Madhyama Varsha Lagna or Lagnesha is conjoined or aspected by Papa-graha in transit, the results are mixed. The same can be said when the Dusthana Varsha Lagna or Lagnesha are conjoined with Shubha graha in Transit.
This is a “extremely important” concept. Why? Because the transiting grahas cause variations in the natal influences on the Varsha Lagna and the Lagnesha. If this was not so, then after every 12 years, the results would have been more or less similar. For instance, the 2nd house is activated in 2, 14, 26, 38, 50 etc. However, we don’t see the same results in the mentioned year. What causes the differences? It is the transit of the grahas which cause the differences!
One must also take note of few other standard results pertaining to the transit of the grahas. This will help in fine tuning the analysis.
- When the Lagnesha conjoins or aspects the Varsha Lagna, the Bhava significations of the Varsha Lagna (reckoned from the Janma Lagna) are heightened. For instance, whenever the Varsha Lagna falls in the 5th house, the native does not “always” experience the 5th house significations i.e., Knowledge, Children, Influence and power, Status, future planning, speculation etc. Why? Because then everyone will in their 5th, 17th, 29th etc. years will experience this. The Varsha Lagna effectively behaves like 5th house only when (1) Lagnesha transits it, (2) Varsha Lagna transits the Lagna, (3) 5th from the Varsha Lagna either occupies the sign in the natal chart or in transit.
- When the Varsha Lagnesha conjoins or aspects the Janma Lagna in transit, the Bhava significations of the Varsha Lagna becomes effective.
- When the Varsha Lagnesha conjoins or aspects the Varsha Lagna in transit, the Bhava significations of the Varsha Lagna becomes effective. Similar is the case when the Varsha Lagnesha occupies the Varsha Lagna. For instance, if the 5th lord is placed in the 5th house, then during the Varsha Lagna of the 5th house, the 5th house significations will be predominant, else not.
- When the Karaka of the Bhava falling in the Varsha Lagna (reckoned from Janma Lagna) conjoin or aspect the the Janma Lagna or the Varsha Lagna, the Bhava significations of the Varsha lagna become effective.
- When there is conjunction or mutual aspect between the Varsha Lagnesha and Janma Lagnesha, the Bhava significations of the Varsha lagna become effective.
- Influence of strong Guru on the Varsha Lagna or Varsha Lagnesha through conjunction or aspect makes the year “Highly Auspicious”. This is applicable both in Natal as well as transit.
- Influence of Weak Shani on the Varsha Lagna or Varsha Lagnesha through conjunction or aspect makes the year “Highly Inauspicious”. This is applicable both in Natal as well as transit.
- The Varsha Lagna as well as the Lagnesha should not be under papa-kartari yoga in either the Natal Chart or in Transit, else it forebodes a period of anxiety and stagnation.
- When the Varsha Lagnesha is defeated in Graha Yuddha or combust by Surya, the period becomes that of defeat, humiliation, helplessness, failures and depression.
- When a Bhava lord (from Janma Lagna) or the Karaka of the Bhava establishes sambandha with the Varsha Lagna or the Varsha Lagnesha through conjunction or aspect in transit, it is likely to manifest an event pertaining to that Bhava. The same can be said if the sambandha is present in the natal chart. For instance, when Guru or the 5th lord occupies or aspects the Varsha Lagna or Lagnesha in Transit or Natal Chart, it may cause child birth.
An important consideration
Which Bhava Results will be dominant in a Year? This depends on the Bhava where the Varsha Lagnesha is placed. Few considerations:
- If the Varsha Lagnesha is fortified in Natal Chart as well as in Transit, by (1) conjunction or aspects of shubha grahas, (2) shubha kartari yoga, (3) placement in Uccha, Sva, Mula and Mitra Rasis, (4) placed in 7th from the Sun, and (5) victorious in graha yuddha then the results are going to be positive pertaining to the Bhava where the Varsha Lagnesha is placed.
- If the Varsha Lagnesha is weak in Natal chart as well as in Transit, by (1) conjunction or aspects of papa grahas, (2) papa kartari yoga, (3) placement in Neecha, Shatru Rasis, (4) combusted by Surya, and (5) defeated in graha yuddha, then the results are going to be native pertaining to the Bhava where the Varsha Lagnesha is placed.
- What is mentioned above for placement in a Bhava from the Lagna, is also effective when the Varsha lagnesha (1) is conjoined with a Bhava lord, (2) having mutual aspect with a Bhava lord. For instance, when the Varsha lagnesha occupies natal 7th house, there can be marriage. The same can be told when the Varsha Lagnesha conjoins the natal 7th lord. Alternatively, Varsha Lagnesha occupied by natal 7th lord, or Kakara for Marriage, Venus can also give marriage.
We need to reconcile the influences arising out of Natal disposition as well as the transit of the grahas on the Varsha Lagna and the Lagnesha, to determine how auspicious and inauspicious a year going to be, and also what kinds of events will manifest.
In summary, for a year to be good-
- The Varsha Lagna should be occupied by a strong natural or functional benefic (from Janma Lagna). If a dusthana lord occupies the Varsha Lagna, the results will not be so inauspicious if the Graha is strong and / or aspected by Guru or other strong benefics.
- The Graha occupying the Varsha Lagna (if any) should be strong in Uccha, Mulatrikona, Svarasi or Mitra Rasi. Weak Grahas, such as those occupying Neecha, Shatru can bring great trouble.
- The Varsha Lagnesha should occupy a good bhava from the Janma Lagna i.e., 1,2,4,5,7,9. This gives good health, wealth, success etc. It should not occupy a Dusthana (6,8,12), or in Papakartari yoga from the Janma Lagna. When the Varsha Lagnesha occupies 3,10,11 from the Janma Lagna, the person attains success after putting effort.
The same rules can be applied to the Masa Lagna / Lagnesha and 2.5 Dina Lagna/ Lagnesha.