5 Things to Do When You Feel Like
Your Dreams are Out of Reach and You’re Terrified.
- Visualize that beast. Visualize your future, successful, self. Visualize THAT moment. See, hear, smell, taste, and touch that wonderful dream of yours, with your eyes closed. Let the power of the outcome spur your senses. Try it. It doesn’t cost you anything and it’s totally worth the adrenaline.
- Fake it till you make it. While you are on the ugly travel (you’ll look back at this beautiful journey and smile, but for now…) to the end goal, pretend to be your ambitious and motivated self. Don’t let your surroundings affect how you process your thoughts and go about your day. Even if you fall on your face, fall forward. Much of this ties back to why you want to achieve this dream anyways, so get started before you feel ready!
- Panic. Stress isn’t always bad. Punch those alarm buttons (i.e. things that need to be done, but you consciously ignore them) that terrify you and get set on your goal. Sometimes, force is necessary to get us on our feet. Of course, don’t pressure yourself to the point of self-harm! Do your utter best in every damn thing related to your dream and watch your dream come closer to you.
- Clarify and introspect. Only you know what you need. Is this what you really want to do? How badly do you want it? If you can’t get yourself to do things that are necessary in order to achieve your dream, then do you actually want it? If you know that it means your life and you’re still lazy, read this.
- Seek within and without. Get the support of people who understand your vision and mission. Seek help from them and offer to help them stick to their aims as well. Mutualism never fails us. We are all in this together, so might as well make some good friends along the way. Hard times also reveal your true friends. Pay added attention to your life when things are falling apart and realize how much difference external support and self-care makes in these tough situations. Be thankful for the journey and the process you are experiencing, no matter how hard the going gets.
You are built to overcome some massive challenges, you just don’t see it yet.