5 Ways To Be Fully Present With The People You Love This Holiday Season
Why being fully present is the best gift you can give this Christmas.
It’s nearly here weeks of expectation and excitement, and we now get the chance to spend time with the people we love and cherish our family and friends. So what’s the best gift we can give each other this holiday season well it’s simple the gift of being fully present. We should try to avoid getting too caught up and carried away by all the hustle and bustle in the weeks leading up to the big day. We don’t want to risk becoming exhausted or unwrapped. We want to be the best we can for our families and friends so we can bring forward great reflections and memories into 2017. It is those memories that will keep us pushing forward and grateful for our blessings in the New Year.
So what steps can you take to give the gift of being fully present ?
1. Prioritize Try to make a connection to what is important and prioritize your time and energy to serve your best interests. Remove or reschedule anything low priority where possible. Maintain your personal well-being by putting adequate professional and personal time boundaries in place to avoid burnout. Learn to say no and delegate at home or in work as need be.
2. Bring gratitude to your attitude Maintain a grateful attitude and be appreciative of all you have in life at this moment. Be thankful for the time you have been given to rest, recover and reflect with the people you love.
3. Avoid toxic people or situations Free yourself from any negativity, distraction and distress. Such behavior from others or ourselves can consume us to the point that we can miss out on the things that are important.
4. Unplug Free yourself from social media and technology over the holidays. Disconnect so you can reconnect. Think about how social media, emails and technology, in general, can overcrowd our time and energy. Time and energy that could be serving us better and provide more fulfilling connections and experiences in life.
5. Enjoy the simple things Go back to basics and play some games that involve a human connection, here is a great site with some brilliant interactive game suggestions for everyone to get involved.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year make the most of it.
“Wherever you are
Be all there”