Boost your Courage to become who you really want to be!
Do you sometimes feel that you need to boost your courage?
Over the years I have had to boost my courage, over and over again, to be what and who I wanted to be.
I have also worked with a lot of people who wanted to boost their courage. Both people that have come to me for private coaching. And people that have attended some of my presentations and lectures.
Many have wanted to boost their courage to do better in their career. Others have wanted to do so to really be who they wanted to be.
Maybe you already are everything that you really want to be. In career and life.
- A respected professional. A good coworker. A great boss. A person that makes people happy just by showing up at work in the mornings!
- A well-liked neighbor. The go-to person and a mentor to people in your communities.
- Living in a place you love. In a place where all your needs are met.
- Financially independent. With enough money to invest in yourself, to travel and help others.
- Your physical, mental and social health in a great condition. With healthy diet. Treating your body, mind and soul with a regular massage. Laughing out loud on a regular basis with good friends.
- In a loving relationship with parents, children and spouse. Siblings, friends or other people you care about.
Good relationships with colleagues, coworkers and other people in your life.
Then you may need courage to stay on the path you have chosen for yourself.
To not let others ideas on, and for you, affect how you want to go on, in your career and life.
Do You Need to Boost Your Courage to be who you really want to be?
If you still see some chance for improvement or making things a little better, then go for it. You should not have to compromise on the things that matter to you. Whether in your career or in your private life.
Do you feel you need to boost your courage, to go for those improvements? Then please read a bit further.
Before I share with you how to boost your courage please visualize who you want to be.
Who do you want to be in your professional life?
And who do you want to become in your private life?
Take time to think about this. Allow yourself to dream. Allow yourself to think big. Allow yourself to think differently from the people around you!
When you have this image in your mind. When you can feel how this image makes you feel. Then you are ready for the courage exercises.
Boost Your Courage with these 7 mantras
You may be stuck in old habits or mindset that is not serving you anymore, if it ever did.
Now that you have your image you owe it to yourself to go for it. Remember, no more grumpy people in this world, full of regrets.
Over the years I have had to work on my courage. And I still do sometimes. Here are 7 mantras and quotes that I have used and feel that have done wonders for me. Please try them and then go and make your image your reality.
- “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.”
~ Zig Ziglar
- Dream and Deliver (My own and favorite these days!).
It is so ok to dream. To dream big and what some would say, crazy dreams. But those dreams do not have to be only that, dreams. It is up to you to deliver. How can you make your dreams become your reality?
- Discipline over Regrets.
Would you rather suffer from discipline or regrets?
Do what you want to do in life. No more grumpy old people, full of regrets.
- Doing things imperfectly is better than not doing anything.
Who knows how you wanted things to be. Stop thinking so much about how things look in the eyes of others. Things don´t have to be perfect. What is perfect anyway?
- If you want to be treated as a rock-star, act like a rock-star (This one used to be my favorite one, still use it sometimes…).
What do you want the world to see when it looks at you? Be that!
- “People do not wander around and then find themselves at the top of Mount Everest.” ~ Zig Ziglar
There are usually no shortcuts. You need to do the work needed to get you where you want to go. It may require hard work at times. But often it is more about working smart than working hard.
- “There is no passion to be found playing small — in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living“ ~ Nelson Mandela
Be everything you want to be. Be everything you can be.
I have used all these mantras or quotes to boost my courage over the years. Both in my career and in my personal life. Please give them a try. Or share your own in the comments section below.
My book; Rekindling your spark: Strategy for better Self-Leadership is available on Amazon.
It includes various tips, tools and exercises.
Originally published at herdispala.com on December 6, 2016.