Do You Have New Goals? Mind Mapping Can Help.
A year goes by so quickly.
For me, last year’s twists and unexpected turns changed this blog into an expanded version of the original vision.
As with any business, flexibility was important as well as keeping our core values intact.
Each month, my secret weapon to stay on track was: Mind Mapping.
A mind map is an easy way to brainstorm thoughts organically without worrying about order and structure. It allows you to visually structure your ideas to help with analysis and recall.
Ways to Use Mind Mapping:
Creating a mind map could be done in three simple steps:
- Set a central topic
- Add branches of related ideas
- Add sub-branches for more relevant ideas
Benefits of Mind Mapping:
- Mind maps link and group concepts together through natural associations. This helps generate more ideas, find deeper meaning in your subject, and also prompt you to fill in more or find what you’re missing.
- A mind map can at once give you an overview of a large subject while also holding large amounts of information.
- It’s also a very intuitive way to organize your thoughts since mind maps mimic the way our brains think — bouncing ideas off of each other, rather than thinking linearly.
- You can generate ideas very quickly with this technique and are encouraged to explore different creative pathways.
Try it out, map out your goals this year! This practice has helped me turn random ideas into goals with timelines. By this time next year, you’ll be surprised at how many of the goals of your map become reality.
Originally published at www.citybornsouthernliving.com on January 31, 2018.