Gluten and Dairy Free Cashew Butter Blueberry Muffins — Balanced-Life-Leslie
A Warming and Delicious Morning Treat
Can you smell the warmth of these gluten and dairy free cashew butter blueberry muffins radiating from your kitchen? Add this delicious treat to your weekly meal prep and you’ll have breakfast ready in just minutes every single day!
I hear it over and over again — I just don’t have time for breakfast in the morning. And trust me, I get it! I’m out the door super early for a morning workout and then the freelancer lifestyle kicks in. So I’ll either have a meal prep client or set up for a work day at a local coffee shop. If I’m not home to cook a warm and nourishing breakfast, I’d be tempted to just have coffee and a bar every day, and even though I believe in all things in moderation, it’s important to have real food and not a bar to fuel your day!
My meals are always a balance of vegetables, protein and fat. I absolutely love a breakfast salad and I know people think that’s weird, but I could eat salads for every meal and be happy! But I can also get stuck in routine and if I eat a bar one morning when I’m on the go, then I can easily eat like that every day.
What I love about these cashew butter blueberry muffins is they’re gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, soy-free, and refined sugar free! Yup, no added honey or maple syrup. That means they aren’t as sweet as you would expect from a traditional muffin, which is great because you won’t get a sugar rush early in the day. They’re perfect for on the go, or warmed up for a quick and easy meal at home.
I made these with my favorite Georgia Grinders Cashew Butter which is so creamy and delicious. It contains only 2 ingredients — cashews and salt! That’s it! I’m usually eating it straight out of the jar with a spoon, so I’m lucky I had enough to make these muffins.
Feel free to add your sweetener of choice to the recipe if you prefer a sweeter muffin. Or top with even more nut butter because there’s never enough Georgia Grinders nut butter in my life!
Yields 12 muffins
Gluten and Dairy Free Cashew Butter Blueberry Muffins Draft
10 min Prep Time
30 min Cook Time
40 min Total Time
- 1/2 cup Georgia Grinders cashew butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a muffin tin or coat with cooking spray.
- Add the coconut oil and cashew butter to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, then stir to combine
- In a separate bowl, add almond flour, baking powder and salt. Then add the cashew butter mix. Store to combine everything!
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the almond milk and eggs. Then add to the larger bowl of batter. Stir to combine everything!
- Add the blueberry to the batter and carefully fold them in.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin so they’re 3/4 of the way filled.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25–30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean!
- Let them cool before topping with even more Georgia Grinders nut butter
Originally published at www.balancedlife-leslie.com on November 1, 2017.