We don’t have a choice on whether we use social media, the question is how well we use it.
Many social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Tumblr is blue in color. Blue is considered beneficial to the mind and body. Every social media website is built with a strong vision in mind. Around the world, billions of people use social media every day, and that number just keeps growing.
When we often meet new people, gone are the days when we used to exchange numbers. Instead, now we ask, are you on Facebook? And the further conversation continues on social media. The whole world is connected through social media.
The importance of social media as a tool
Earlier, there was no tool where you could go and learn about other people, connect with each other, so Mark Zuckerberg created Facebook to help people to be able to connect with friends and family. Now the Facebook is liked and accepted by the people around the world. In fact, Facebook is one of the successful and valuable companies in the world today.
- Companies are recruiting talents through LinkedIn nowadays. Entrepreneurs and Human resource managers prefer LinkedIn to find suitable candidates.
- Every company, no matter how big or small, has its presence on social media. Social media has become an integral part of the firm to see what customers are talking about the brand.
- Social media has become a source for many entrepreneurs to get the initial traction for their product or service. Social media has become a part and necessity of one’s life.
- There are numerous job offers in the field of social media today around the world. People are getting skilled and using social media in a more professional way to represent themselves. Social media is helping people build their brand and reach.
- There are so many freelancers in the world who are dependent on social media as a means of their livelihood. Social media rockstars and power users are taking social media to the next level.
Now, you must know that If you are not on social media, you miss out a lot of happening things and opportunities. A smart and optimal use of social media is the key.
Seven reasons how social media can help you grow
First things first, social media is free, and this makes it easy for anyone to be a part of it. There might be many who think investing time on social media is a waste, but it solely depends on the person using it. I am here to talk about the positive impacts and how to use it wisely to learn and grow at the same time.
People understand the power of social media because of its various advantages nowadays. With the numerous social media platforms available, it has become way more fun in learning how one platform is different from the other. Like we know, competition always makes companies come up with the unique ways to excite their customers. Similarly, these social media channels excite their users with helpful updates, new features, and upgrades. Keep in mind; all these things ultimately to help the end user.
1. Social media serves as a source of valuable information that matters to you. Since you tend to follow and like only your interested topics and brands, you will be able to get filtered information on your social feed. With a glance, you can see what is happening around the world.
2. Joining different groups and communities on social media will help you gain more expertise on your subject. Interacting with like-minded people will surely help you know more and upgrade your skills in the particular topic. Further, making important and relevant connections on social media will enhance your interpersonal skills.
3. Social media can be used as a place where you can ask for suggestions, it can be just anything. There are many open groups that you can quickly join and ask the subject matter experts the solutions for the problems you are facing, tips and how to do’s.
4. Social media is the place where you can share your opinion and has the potential to reach many. If you want to build your personal brand, want to be known for your expertise, and want your thoughts to reach more people, get active on social media. The probability of getting noticed for your expertise is more on social media. Hence, experts use social media for self-branding. Social media helps you build a real online presence.
5. Social media has become a new hub for the employers. Like I mentioned before, LinkedIn has become a primary source for human resource people and entrepreneurs to hunt suitable candidates. It is easy to gauge someone’s interests and skills looking at his social profile.
Not only LinkedIn, employers now update the vacancy details on their Facebook and Twitter channels. Hence, being active on such social media channels is necessary.
6. Social media can be used directly or indirectly to sell your product/service. For many entrepreneurs, their marketing starts with the social media channels. There are numerous ways to target focused audience, make connections and generate sales through social media. It is easy to tap this space and get advantages if done right.
7. Social media can act as an active medium for introverts to boost their confidence. Since you don’t involve in a face to face conversation with others here, introverts can use social media as a means to showcase their skills.
The shift is happening, social media is helping billions of lives in one or the other ways, and the world knows the importance of social media today. Sooner or later, one has to adopt social media as one of the essential tools for living. The loser is the one who doesn’t update himself with social media trends. There are numerous positive ways to use, learn and grow from social media. Social media is a boon and is here to stay, make use of it wisely.