How to Think Like Einstein
Because you can.
Let’s break down Albert Einstein’s most famous sayings:
1. “Imagination is more important than knowledge.”
a. Be childlike in your idea generation. Let go of your inner critic that says, “That’s so stupid.” It’s not.
2. “The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.”
a. Wonder is the fuel for growth. Nourish wonder in your life.
3. “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.”
a. Not failure porn, but self-compassion and forgiving yourself if you make a mistake.
4. “Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.”
a. Provide a tiny bit of value to others each day. Even helping someone feel one percent better than yesterday is awesome.
5. “Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.”
a. This blue planet we’re on right now is quite a place, huh?
6. “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.”
a. Humor heals.
7. “The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking with which we created them.”
a. What would you advise your best friend to do? Do that.
8. “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.”
a. Say only what needs to be said.
9. “The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science.”
a. She moves in mysterious ways.
10. “I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.”
a. Stay humble; stay hungry for knowledge.
Microstep: Today, channel your inner Albert.
Originally published at drsteven.com.