How To Win Your Mornings And Win Your Life
Rise & shine! Morning priming rituals are so powerful it changed my life!
I got inspired to start my morning priming routine from various people including Tim Ferriss, Tony Robbins, and James Phu. Basically, a priming routine is something you do right after you wake up, to quickly change your physiology, win your morning, and prepare yourself for a great day !
“Every morning is a chance at a new day!”
I usually wake up around 5:30 and finish my following routine by 6:
1. Gratitude — I take a few minutes to feel thankful about my good sleep and an opportunity to live another great day
2. Make my bed — I just lay my duvet flat on my bed and make it look nice, to feel a sense of accomplishment
3. Hydrate — I drink about 750 ml of lemon/citrus water to re-hydrate myself after the long sleep
4. Move the body — I do 10 push-ups and 10 squats to ignite my body. This is not a workout, it’s simply a stimulus to get the blood flowing. Also another way to build a sense of accomplishment.
5. Cold Shower — It’s crazy, but it’s awesome! I take about 2 mins of pure cold shower to shock my body and boost the metabolism. Surely, I’m totally awake by now!
6. Journal — I then spend a few minutes to write down 3 things that I am grateful for, 3 things that would make my day go well, and 3 daily affirmations as part of the 5 minute journal
7. Meditate — Finally, I take 15–20 minutes to meditate.
Then I move on to conquer the rest of my day. It’s amazing feeling how much I have accomplished within 30 mins of waking up!
I have to say, this week, has changed a lot in terms of productivity for me, and I believe the practicing the priming routine is one of the reasons why.
CALL TO ACTION
I recommend you to come up with your morning routine, stick with it for a week and let me know how it goes!
Take Action Today!
Would love to hear your opinion on this post, please share them in the comments. Your feedback will make me a better writer and in return provide better content. I welcome any feedback.
Would love to learn about the results you got from taking action, please share them in the comments or send me a message.
If you found value in this article, please like and share, you never know who else in your network may find it valuable :)
Rybo Chen is an engineer by profession and a self-help enthusiast by passion. He is an aspiring blogger looking to share his thoughts and ideas one article at a time and hoping to help people along the way. More of his writing can be found at medium.com/@rybochen.