How Video Marketing is Changing the Face of Web Marketing
Want to conquer the online world and build your presence on the web? If so, you simply must integrate video marketing into your online efforts. A picture might tell a thousand words, but a one-minute video is worth 1.8 million words. Pretty crazy, right? Here are video marketing facts you need to know if you want to boost your online presence.
What You Need to Know About Video Marketing
The number of Internet users is rising at a rapid rate and if your business is not visible on the web, you can expect to fall flat at the first hurdle. The importance of utilizing video marketing cannot be stressed enough. Since social video is 1200% more shareable than other forms of content, such as images and text, you really can’t afford to sidestep this type of marketing.
Get this: as many as 50% of all the world’s Internet users (which is estimated to be around 2.5 billion — one-third of the global population) will tap into social media on their mobile device, be it an iPhone or a different kind of smartphone. What this means is that you have the ability to connect with your audience directly, no matter where they might be. Add to this the fact that video influences 90% of customers to make a buying decision and it is clear why video marketing is a business owner’s best friend in today’s digital age.
By 2021, 17,000 hours of visual video content will be distributed across global IP networks, based on statistics by Cisco. More than 500 million Internet users are logging onto Facebook every day to watch videos, according to Forbes. Twitter is a pretty big player in the video marketing game too, with 82% of Twitter users admitting to viewing video content on the social media platform.
How is Video Marketing Shaping the Future of Content Marketing?
The year 2018 will see major transformation in the world of web marketing. By 2019, over 80% of all web traffic will come from video and click-through rates can be increased by as much as 200–300% when video is added. Aside from the fact that proper search engine optimization (SEO) techniques can be added to a video, videos are effective at garnering stronger consumer attention and higher engagement.
Compared to other types of web marketing, such as email marketing, print marketing and content marketing, video is gaining serious momentum and is drawing demand from all corners. A fast-growing form of marketing that can present a viewer with 1.8 million words in just one minute, video is preferred among most web users. After all, the average adult attention span is just 10–20 minutes!
Video can make an instant impact, which means that marketers can really target their market. In addition to this, video-favored technology is changing the face of web marketing because:
- Video ensures bigger optimization opportunities
- Video guarantees higher retention rates
- Video is easy to access and enjoy on the move
- Video can be used to develop stronger emotional connections
- Video may increase customer conversion rates, according to 71% of marketers.
Who is Using Video Marketing and Benefiting From it?
First, let’s talk about the types of video marketing. If you hire a marketing expert who can produce video for you, it is entirely possible to test out the many different types of video marketing out there. They include vlogs, product demonstrations, testimonials, live-streamed recordings of events and presentations, interviews, animated movie series, adverts — the list goes on.
So, which brands managed to master video marketing and why? Let’s take a look at some shining examples of video marketing executed effectively:
- Adidas Originals — This sportswear brand collaborated with Stormzy, Snoop Dogg and Desiigner to reveal their new Originals brand. By working with celebrities, Adidas immediately captivated their audience. The Spring 2018 campaign is expected to keep the momentum going, what with Nick Young, Dua Lipa and Playboy Carti featuring in the upcoming video marketing campaign, named “Original Is Never Finished.”
- Airbnb — This brand really increased their customer base when they addressed the topic of acceptance with a video series and the hashtag: #weaccept. By proving their support for refugees and commitment to making everyone feel equal, Airbnb accomplished something truly special with their video marketing campaign.
- Lowes Home Improvement — “Lowes demonstrates its passion around helping consumers bring their visions to life,” are words from Lowes Chief Marketing Officer, Marci Grebstein. He speaks the truth, because since April 2013, the company has regularly been presenting followers with the ‘Fix in Six’ Vine series. As time and technology has progressed, Lowes has moved to Snapchat, Instagram and Facebook to spread useful home DIY videos further afield.
Utilizing Powerful Marketing Tools to Drive Conversions with Video
Every marketer could use a helping hand at some stage or another, especially if a business is expanding quickly. Chances are, you won’t be able to afford a professional for every marketing idea that comes to mind. There are a broad scope of tools at your disposal that could amplify the rate at which you release videos. Lumen5 offers a scalable approach to converting readable content into visual content. Simply drag and drop an article from the web and let the tool work its magic.
Alternatively, turn your photos into videos with an app like Flipagram, which works well with both Facebook and Instagram. Boost sales and leads with Vidyard — a video marketing tool that simplifies the process of adding videos to blogs, social media pages, email newsletters and landing pages.