Much as it may seem that stuff happens outside our immediate control, I think at least part of any solution to make things better is to be found within us.
I would suggest that elements of Mindfulness and being Mindful, moment-by-moment, day-by-day, could be a really powerful antidote and help put things in perspective.
Here are 6 more simple things taken from my Book that you could start to incorporate in your live from today and they might just make all the difference:
- When walking walk, when eating eat: Do just one thing at a time — single task rather than multi-task;
- Take your time: Move slower than you normally would and be conscious of being deliberate in everything you do;
- Put spaces between things: Relax and flex your schedule, &, don’t see it as a measure of your importance or worth to have all your time blocked-out;
- Sit in silence: Just 5 minutes is all it takes each day; simply sit in silence with,“nowhere to go, nothing to do”;
- Focus on your breathing: Alight on your breath, accept whatever is and be open to your thoughts; & finally
- Be aware of the world around you: Cultivate kind acceptance and curiosity, be tolerant, be patient, &, be compassionate (and that includes to yourself as well as others).
So, just give these 6 things a try starting today and notice the difference they’ll make!
I am the author of ‘Uncovering Mindfulness: In Search Of A Life More Meaningful’ available on Amazon and www.bookboon.com; the ‘Coffee & A Cup of Mindfulness’ and the ‘Mindful Hacks For Mindful Living & Mindful Working’ series. I am also a Contributing Author to The Huffington Post and a Contributing Writer to Thrive Global. Through The Mudd Partnership I work with business leaders, organisations and individuals in support of change, leadership excellence, business growth, organistional and individual wellbeing and well doing, and introducing Mindfulness. I can be contacted at email@example.com and you can follow the continuing journey uncovering Mindfulness on Twitter @TheMindfulBook and at @Paul_Mudd