Struggle In Life, Made Her Confident
The Most Emotional Life Story of Mrs. Universe Northwest Asia 2016
There Is A Will There Is A Way — An applicable truth.There is a Daljeet Kaurr (also known by her screen name, Seema Bedi) is the Founder, President, Sponsor, and Director of IAWA (Innovative Artist Welfare Association). A closer look to her life story and achievements can inspire every individuals. Apart from modeling and acting, Daljeet runs her own salon in Mumbai. She is also into reflexology, stress management, personality development, and naturopathy. The clouds of success almost touched Daljeet when she fell in love with a man from Guwahati. Unfortunately, her choice turned her down in life. She has been a victim of domestic violence, theft, cheating, and has also been through various other traumatic events of her married life. Daljeet is a single mother to a son who is 21 now.
She continued to take tuition, did painting, candle-making, and small modeling assignments to make her living with her only son. Not to deny, she had a great support by her father.
Daljeet always wanted to be a doctor and pursue further studies in medicine. Her dreams were vast than her family’s thoughts. She belonged to an overprotective family, who were too concerned let her fly with her dreams. Due to family obligations, Daljeet couldn’t get an admission in science, but that did not stop her to dream big. She decided to learn cosmetology and considered Shehnaz Hussain as her role model.
Daljeet completed her first Diploma under the guidance of Shehnaz Hussain.
A closer look at her dedication to work convinced her family and opened her first salon named, ‘Cleopatra’, Guwahati. Cleopatra was the most gorgeous woman and the objective behind the name was to make women beautiful at her salon.
The gorgeous Mrs. Universe (Northwest Asia) belongs to a Sikh family with 4 sisters and one brother. They are originally from Guwahati.
She worked as : Actor, Model, Cosmetologist, Beauty Expert, and Founder of IAWA (officially registered in 2015)
- Mrs. Universe Northwest Asia, 2016 (China)
- Mrs. Universe Most Popular Woman, 2016 (China)
- Mrs India gorgeous, 2016
- Mrs. India Globe 2nd Runner Up, 2015
- Most Popular Face on TV by Sangam Kala Group, 2015
- Mrs. Congeniality, 2015
- Mrs. North India Queen, 2014
Daljeet’s achievements in acting as Seema Bedi:
- Tum Bin Jiya Jaye Na — Doordarshan
- Sai Baba — Sony TV
- Love Dosti Dua — Big Magic
- Bhabhi — Star Plus
- Savdhaan India- Life OK
- Gumrah — Channel V
Cameo Roles in Movies:
- Boys to Boys Hain
- Fan (Starring Shahrukh Khan, Waluscha de Sousa, and Sayani Gupta)
- Tere Sang
Awards and honor attained by Daljeet Kaurr Bedi:
- Felicitated with the position of Judge at Mrs. Jammu and Kashmir, 2016
- NIIF award for ‘Women of Substance’, 2016
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Award, 2016
- Face of Women’s Era wedding magazine
- Brand Ambassador for Ayurvita — an international ayurveda company
- Daljeet has also worked with Jovees — a reputed herbal cosmetic company
Daljeet is also working with an NGO for women empowerment against domestic violence with the campaign called, ‘Break the Silence & Stop Domestic Violence.’
The lady with a heart so beautiful and a journey so inspirational is also the president of ‘AIABT’ — All India Association Beauty Therapist.
- Daljeet’s association IAWA will be organizing the longest fashion week.
- Mr. and Miss IAWA event in the age group of 18–25 for cancer awareness.
- Mr. and Mrs. India in the age group of 25–45, an event to create awareness against domestic violence.
Her stress and pain is evident on her face, yet she hides it with a beautiful smile that she carries along everywhere. Looking at her courage and determination to move further, it is certain that the universe has a lot in store for her and perhaps, the best for her future!
Message by the gorgeous and brave lady, Daljeet Kaurr:
“Believe in god and love yourself! Life is one; stand with the support of your own backbone and keep your spine straight. It is absolutely ok to cry and release it out from your system. Follow any one mantra in life (like I chant Gurbani) to come back in action after depression.
Lastly, always remember when you throw something, it takes pressure to throw up, but while coming down you get it three times larger as the efforts taken to fall down is lesser than rising up. Believe in your efforts and throw good things to the Universe so that when it comes down, it comes in larger quantity to you.”
Originally published at shrutisharma.net on February 6, 2017.