Tarek Nazal is a Soccer Player Turned Fitness Guru Who Aims Inspire Thousands of People Around the Globe
“My definition of success is determined by the amount of lives I have touched”.
I had the pleasure of interviewing Tarek Nazzal, Prime Fitness Consulting LLC and a soccer player who played throughout Europe.
Yitzi: Thank you so much for doing this with us! What is your “backstory”?
Ans: My passion for sports started many years ago since I was a child. I have always had the dedication to pursue something bigger than myself, which is the power to influence people with my knowledge and experience in the sports sector. Being a global citizen (living in various parts of the world) encouraged me to share my experience with people who want/need my expertise.
Throughout my life, I was known to be ‘that’ person who is committed to everything he says. My goal was to inspire children to look up to me and say “Because of Tarek, I was able to pursue my dream”. I have seen many people wanting to pursue their dream but were unable due to the external factors that demotivated them. Instead, I want to lead by example by showing them that nothing can stop someone from pursuing their dream except themselves.
I started as an online personal training company by hiring Certified Personal Trainers as independent contractors from Europe who are highly qualified and have a substantial amount of experience. However, I decided to add a new direction for my company. I created a 2 month weight loss/toning program at a cost-effective price that will encourage everyone to participate. The exercises are simple, effective, and fun to do. In addition, being able to partner with one of LA’s top nutritionist (Nutrition Journey) provides us a competitive edge in the fitness sector.
Yitzi: Can you share the funniest or most interesting story that happened to you since you started your company
Ans: I remember that one time when I thought I was speaking to a potential client and realized it was an old friend from high school who I did not speak to in years.
Yitzi: What do you think makes your company stand out? Can you share a story?
Ans: Companies these days always seek ways to maximize profits. However, I want to follow a different direction for my company. With every purchase of the 2 month weight loss/toning program, I donate $1 to a Charity Foundation. The sole purpose of my company is to not only help people who want to lose weight, but consequently assist others who are in need such as children who are suffering from harmful diseases/sicknesses. My goal as the CEO of the company is to inspire thousands of people around the globe by giving them hope and motivation.
Yitzi: None of us are able to achieve success without some help along the way. Is there a particular person who you are grateful towards who helped get you to where you are?
Ans: Being successful requires lots of support from our surrounding people. I am thankful for many people who have supported me and who still support me till this day. One of the biggest role models and major contributors for my success undoubtedly comes from my family. I am also grateful for the tremendous support from all of my friends. In addition, the coaches who I have worked with in the past also provided me the guidance and the correct path towards a successful future.
Yitzi: How have you used your success to bring goodness to the world?
Ans: I consider myself successful when I have made a major impact on people’s lives. I want to be a role model for younger generations and want them to be inspired by my journey by stating that everything in this world is possible, but it requires constant effort and dedication no matter how discouraged and demotivated they get. Being able to reach millions of people worldwide is what will make me proud and successful.
Yitzi: What are your “5 things I wish someone told me before I launched my Start-Up” and why.
- Having a business can be stressful — Whether you are sitting with friends or watching a movie, you are constantly finding ways to improve operations. Having is a business is a constant hustle, therefore time management is critical.
- It will always take longer than you think — People think once you have a business, you will generate profits immediately. That is definitely not the case. In general, businesses should usually break-even within the first 6 months in business. However, it can take much longer.
- Failing is the key component for success — I have learned throughout the course of the journey that rejection will always be part of the game whether you are rich or poor, successful or unsuccessful. I constantly take rejection and failure a step towards more success. Failure can be perceived in two ways, a drive that will discourage you to continue your business or considering it a lesson that is preparing you for the battles yet to come. This all comes down to mental strength.
- It takes a very long time to build trust with your audience — People will only use your service if you deliver a sum amount of value. However, value can be seen in many different ways. The biggest values that can be given to your audience are the continuous non-monetary rewards (Free rewards). This is the most effective way to build a strong relationship with your audience, which therefore results in future sales.
- Planning is a critical component of having a business — “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail”. This is one of my favorite quotes. Having a solid plan allows you to foresee what can the future hold for your business. Your business will work hand in hand with potential projects/partnerships if you plan to follow a certain direction for your business.
Yitzi: I have been blessed with the opportunity to interview and be in touch with some of the biggest names in Business, VC funding, Sports, and Entertainment. Is there a person in the world, or in the US whom you would love to have a private breakfast or lunch with, and why? He or she might see this, or I might be able to introduce you.
That person will definitely be Mark Cuban. His success shows it all. The way he approaches business is not always about the money, but rather focusing on building value and relationships with customers. He started multiple companies and made millions of dollars in revenue. That just shows his hard work, attitude and commitment towards his businesses. Although his companies do not align with my business sector, his expertise in management is what builds a business from the ground up.
Yitzi: This was very inspiring. Thank you so much for joining us!