Ten Tips for Better Relationships — Really!
Simple but effective
Relationships are the mirror of who we are. As we move through life, we make, discover, nurture and release relationships every day. They are complex, simple, irritating and nurturing… just like us!
Here are ten ways of being that help make all relationships richer and more rewarding.
- Tell your close relationships which type of communication you prefer. Text? Talk on the phone? email? Pop in to say hi?
- In every communication add light to their day… add to the quality of their life
- Be aware of voice tone, even in texting — particularly in texting!
- Technology is brilliant, but not for nurturing or building relationships
- Know your value system, what’s important to you in your everyday communications. And live those values. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9Cm3wIZjz4&t=2s
- Let others know they’ve been heard
- Announcing an important life event on social media, isn’t warm and cosy to those close to you.( who expect to be warm and cosy with you!)
- Be kind. First to yourself then spread that kindness around. You’ll make the world a better place.
- Don’t underestimate the value of a phone call — just to say hi.
- You matter. Once you accept that, it’s powerful. Realize the impact you make and celebrate life and those around you. Your relationships will blossom and thrive.
‘till soon. Georgina