Over 40 grams of Protein In the Morning. My Favorite Healthy Breakfast Recipe.
What is my #1 favorite Healthy Breakfast? Read on for my go-to morning recipe that fuels my day with power and energy.
Breakfast is quite possibly my favorite meal of the day. It’s a healthy habit I never go without and gets my day off to a positive start. Every morning, I make the time to sit down and enjoy a healthy breakfast unrushed. It makes happy to start the day feeling my best.
Eating a healthy breakfast kick starts the metabolism, boosts nutrient intake, helps prevent binge eating (and late night eating), improves memory and concentration, and helps maintain a healthy weight. A Healthy Breakfast is an essential ingredient to helping your body and mind perform at it’s best.
Being pressed for time can make it hard to sit down and enjoy breakfast, and too many times, we skip breakfast altogether or opt for a calorie-laden office pastry. This is not the best way to start your day and spells for an inevitable energy crash. With a little pre-planning, it only takes a few minutes to whip up something that is healthy and sustaining. It’s better to take a little time to eat well now, than crash and burn into something unhealthy later. I always say, you have exactly enough time for the things that are important to you. Feeling good and performing my best is always at the top of my priority list, so I make the time to plan ahead and have a healthy morning meal so I can kick butt in life.
With real food ingredients and over 40 grams of plant based protein, this Healthy Breakfast recipe keeps me full all day. When I eat this in the morning, I feel the difference. I am more focused, grounded, and productive. I have sustainable energy and strength for my work and workouts. Which is why this Healthy Breakfast recipe has become my go-to morning meal. I’m addicted to feeling good!
Want to see what’s in my power packed morning meal? Because I like you, I’ll share my secret ingredients to success with you 😉 I’d love to hear how your day goes after taking a few minutes to whip up this delicious power-packed Healthy Breakfast of real food.
My Favorite Healthy Breakfast Recipe: Overnight Protein Oatmeal.
Have you tried protein powder with oatmeal yet? If not, it’s time to get on it! I make my oatmeal the night before. In the morning it’s ready to mix with protein and healthy toppings in minutes! You can also prepare the entire recipe in advance, store in the fridge, and grab to go on the way to work.
- 1/2 Cup Bob’s Red Mill Extra Thick Gluten Free Oats or 1/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Oat Bran
- 1 scoop Vega Protein powder. I am addicted to Vega because it’s completely natural with all REAL food ingredients. It has 30 grams protein, 6g BCAAs in a complete, multisource blend of premium, plant-based protein made from pea, pumpkin, organic sunflower seed, and alfalfa. I mix up flavors all the time between the endless varieties of Vega Sport protein, Vega all in one, and Vega Protein and Greens. The coconut almond, vanilla, and natural flavors are personal favorites, but I’ve tried everything from berry, mocha, and chai and found them all delicious! Depending on the flavor you choose, it will change the color and contents of your bowl. When I use the Vega vanilla greens, my oatmeal is bright green!
- 2–3 cups water or milk of choice (you want additional liquid because you will be adding protein powder).
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preferred sweetener (I use Nunaturals brand Stevia)
- Collagen. (optional). Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body and is the substance that holds the whole body together. Taking collagen as a supplement has been shown to help join pain, digestion, and skin/hair/nail health (among many other benefits!) Collagen contains 6 grams of protein per tablespoon and is relatively odorless and tasteless, making it easy to mix into warm drinks, smoothies, or morning protein oatmeal. I use NuNaturals collagen because it’s affordable and high quality.
- Optional toppings: berries, fruit, freeze dried fruit, almonds, walnuts, pecans, seeds, coconut, almond butter, flaxseed, the variations for toppings are endless! I prefer coconut, berries, and almonds but am always trying new things (like spices and extracts — yum!)
- The night before: use a large saucepan to bring water, oats, collagen, and salt to a boil. Simmer for 1–2 minutes. Turn off stove, stir, seal the lid of the pot, and then allow oats to sit and cook overnight.
- When you get out of bed in the morning, the oatmeal will cooked and ready to eat. It’s amazing how much it grows over night.
- Add one scoop of protein powder to the oats. Use a handheld blender to mix oats and protein together. Don’t have a handheld blender? You can mix it everything up in a regular blender. My brother makes his protein oatmeal this way.
- Pour protein oatmeal into a bowl (or tupperware if you need it “to-go”)
- Add toppings
- Enjoy and kick butt all day!
Nutrition facts based on one serving made with water and without optional toppings.
Here’s how I make my favorite Healthy Breakfast in minutes. Overnight Protein Oatmeal Video Demonstration.
There you go! My #1 favorite Healthy Breakfast I eat most mornings to be my very best. What is your favorite Healthy Breakfast recipe that helps you kick butt in life? Let me know in the comments below — I’d love to mix up my morning meal and try something you love to start your day with!
Here’s to you, your health, and kicking butt in life,
I was not paid by any company to write this blog post. All opinions and flavor preferences are my own.
My mission is to help you develop a positive relationship to self and exercise that adds to the quality of your life. Interested in coaching? Check out my list of services, stay connected about upcoming events by subscribing to my email newsletter, or contact me at email@example.com to discuss ways we can work together and live well.
I put my heart and soul into my corporate wellness programs and customize my services to benefit the unique needs of the company and the individuals within it. If you are interested in scheduling a consultation to discuss ways we can work with together and improve the health of your company, contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other things to check out:
Originally published at www.carolinejordanfitness.com on May 10, 2017.