Top 50 Questions When Preparing For an Agency Recruitment Interview
As international experts in the Recruitment to Recruitment (Rec2Rec) industry we are specialists in preparing agency Recruitment Consultants of all levels for interviewing for their next career opportunities.
Below are a snapshot of the types of questions recruitment candidates will be asked by agencies so make sure you are prepared ahead of time:
- Describe your relevant experience to date (this includes sales experience).
- How do you run your 360/180 desk? What does a day in the life of your desk look like?
- How do you business develop for new business?
- How do you ensure close client and candidate relationships?
- How do you source hard to fill positions? Have you headhunted previously?
- Where do you source your candidates from?
- How do you gain trust with candidates and clients?
- What other key achievements have you had to date?
- Where do you sit in the room in regards to success compared to your colleagues?
- What have been your billing results to date? Either weekly, monthly, quarterly or yearly and can you work backwards on where these came from.
- How many placements was that?
- What is your average fee/margin?
- What types of positions do you recruit?
- Is it permanent or temporary recruitment?
- Did you establish the desk or was there legacy business?
- If you were to open a recruitment firm how would you build it up/what would be your initial processes?
- What would your 30, 60, 90 day plan in your new role look like?
- What challenges do you think you will face and how will you overcome them?
- What value do you think you bring to our company?
- What do you know about our company?
- What do you know about the local market?
- How committed are you to a move?
- Why move now?
- Why leave your previous position/s?
- What are you looking for next?
- What type of desk would you like to recruit for?
- If you are looking to change disciplines why?
- What differentiates you from other Recruitment Consultants?
- Who are your main competitors?
- What else are you interviewing with and where do we rank compared to them? Why do we rank in that position?
If you are moving internationally they will additionally asked pointed questions specific to that location including:
- Why X location?
- What do you know about cost of living/living in X location?
- Have you been here before?
- What did you like about it and what didn’t you like?
- How long are you looking to live in X location for?
- What do you know about the recruitment market there?
- What do you know about the overall economic market in X location?
- What do you know about your sector in X location?
- What do you know about our competitors in this market?
They will also want to know that you have researched heavily their background, the company’s background, had a look at the team online on LinkedIn and have prepared questions for them such as:
- Where do you have a gap in your business for someone like myself?
- How did that come about?
- What is structure of the teams?
- What are the success stories of the leaders in the office?
- What challenges have they faced and how have they overcome these?
- Where, in your business, can I make the most money/the most impact?
- How do you incentivise your Recruiters (i.e. commission structure)?
- What are the key attributes of your most successful consultant?
- What challenges do you think I would face initially in the role?
- What career opportunities are there and is there a specific career development plan available?
- What would be your expectation of me on a day to day basis? From KPI’s, outcomes, business building, demonstrating leadership etc.
If you are looking for further advice on how to get prepared for your next agency recruitment interview don’t hesitate to contact me to have a confidential conversation. A great interview can not only be the difference of a job or not but also $10k or more!
+44 (0) 207 993 5659
Looking for more of the latest headlines on LinkedIn?
Originally published at https://www.linkedin.com on March 10, 2016.