Why Cornwall Rocks for Yoga Retreats
5 reasons I think that you can’t beat Cornwall for wellness retreats!
- Scenery: Cornwall is a place of amazing beauty; dramatic cliffs, vast expanses of ocean and beautiful greenery are all beautifully calming and joyful. Reconnecting to the earth and nature around you is a perfect way to leave stresses behind and reconnect. Yoga means to connect — and whether you are connecting to nature, or to yourself, appreciating beautiful and calming surroundings is a great place to start your journey.
- Magic is everywhere: Standing stones, Tintagel castle, cornish piskies, the mermaids of Zennor… Cornwall is a place of amazing spiritual energy, myth and legend. Those of you who know Cornwall already will know it has a very special feel to it, a magnetic pull, those who don't know; come visit! it’s hard to put into words the magic that dances in the air. Allowing yourself to be open to magic and transformation is the perfect foundation for a truly special retreat.
- Exotics worlds on your doorstep: Subtropical gardens, dolphins, sandy beaches… you can get them all in Cornwall. No need to travel far, or get on a plane!
- The Ocean: practice your ocean breath in a county surrounded by the ocean — you’re never far from the sea in Cornwall. Being near the ocean can help promote mindfulness state and reduce stress levels, and if the weather smiles on us: practising yoga flow beside the waves is a beautiful meditative experience!
- Local legends: Explore the geodomes of Eden project, the Lost Gardens of Heligan, the Minnack theatre, the Tate and Barbara Hepworth museums in St Ives. Each one beautiful and completely unique.
Read more about my next Yoga Retreat in Cornwall, just outside of Padstow.