Today we’re announcing the ThunderCore Ambassador Program, which is a critical part of our ecosystem which includes Developers, Users, and general supporters. We are looking for 3 Ambassadors per location (see below). One of the three will be the lead Ambassador.
The Ambassador Program is designed to be a support function to help bring ThunderCore closer to the communities, better meet the needs of developers and to further provide that white-glove community support that we’re striving for, so developers will have all the support they could ever need in building on the ThunderCore Protocol.
Our community has been incredibly supportive as we continue development and approach our Mainnet public release. Our current core community is one of the most helpful, intelligent, and proactive communities in the blockchain and crypto space, and we couldn’t be prouder. Our current community represents dozens of countries around the globe, some of whom are students attending a number of excellent universities.
Indeed, our community is critical to our long-term success.
Today we’re announcing our Ambassador program to increase our support network for developers as we get closer to the ThunderCore public release.
At a high-level, the ThunderCore Ambassador Program looks like this (the elements in the chart are examples, but you get the idea):
There are 3 levels of Ambassador-ship. From the lowest to the highest: ThunderShower, ThunderStorm, and Thunder SuperCell. Yeah, the names are fun and a little cheesy/corny, but there’s a nice ring to them so I’m sticking with it.
In other words, if you don’t do much, you remain at level ThunderShower, which is pretty much really light rain and not a big deal. This stage is equivalent to barely a splash of water.
If you are a hustler and do a ton, then you could be Thunder SuperCell — you don’t mess with SuperCells. They are not to be messed with.
We’ll have a set of tasks for you to accomplish and the more tasks and frequency by which you accomplish them, you move up and qualify for incentives.
What We’re Seeking
We’re primarily looking for talented, raving fans of ThunderCore. At this time, we’re especially interested in software developers or those that want to get into software development. Here are some details:
- Web2 Developer: If you’re a web2 developer hoping to get into blockchain, perfect. ThunderCore is the blockchain for you.
- Blockchain Developer: Are you already a developer on Ethereum? No problem, ThunderCore is EVM compatible and you’ll still be able to use your favorite IDE, frameworks, and toolkits to build your dapp.
- Hobbyist or Aspiring Developer: Your background isn’t in software engineering, but you are technical and are very interested in learning. You might even dabble a little here and there.
We’re seeking talented, highly technical people who will represent our project and communicate our technology and vision in their local communities, either internationally or at the universities in which they attend. We want to create the strongest community of boots-on-the-ground network to best support developers and for each other in building on the ThunderCore Protocol.
What’s In It For You?
ThunderCore Ambassadors will get unique access, including regular calls with team members and access to our ambassador-only Slack channel. We’ll also provide you with great resources so you can become experts on the ThunderCore Protocol, blockchain, and decentralization.
The top, most active, and successful ThunderCore Ambassadors will enjoy the following perks:
- Attendance at industry events with the ThunderCore team
- Name listed on our site as an official Ambassador
- Access to the ThunderCore team in regular monthly calls
- ThunderCore swag
- Gift Cards
- Thunder Tokens
How Will We Support You?
We want your job to be fulfilling and easy. We understand you have a day job and other responsibilities. To make it easy, we will do the following:
- Provide you training materials we like to call “Meetup in a Box”. Content will range from “How to find a meetup location for free” to “How to advertise for your meetup” to “How to hold a technical workshop building on ThunderCore”, etc.
- Hold monthly training meetings to give you updates and to discuss any issues or concerns
- Dedicated private Slack Channel for Ambassadors only
What Do We Expect?
As a ThunderCore Ambassador:
- You will represent ThunderCore in your local community — attend and organize Meetups, build local enthusiasm for the project, and identify and engage other potential ambassadors.
- You will learn everything there is to know about our project using our team, community, and written materials as resources.
- You will proactively and creatively seek out new opportunities for ThunderCore to increase awareness and adoption online and offline.
- You will help us build and maintain a global community of developers and supporters — online and offline.
- You will do your best in meeting the quarterly goals for meetups in your local community.
What is the Ideal Ambassador Background?
We are being highly selective in this call for Ambassadors. Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You should be a software engineer or student in a highly technical discipline, preferably computer science, or have a highly technical background and be able to connect with other developers to bring more awareness of ThunderCore within your personal networks.
- You should be able to competently facilitate a workshop teaching other developers how to use various parts of the ThunderCore library to build small, example dapps.
- You should be motivated and energetic, excited to learn and to help ThunderCore create a truly decentralized future that will continue to thrive many, many years in the future after we’re all dead and gone.
- You should have an interest in learning about, or have a thorough understanding of our Protocol and technology, as well as an understanding of blockchain, smart contracts, dapps, and other protocols.
- You should be a talented, effective communicator who shows integrity, humility, and passion.
- You should be a self-starter. Hustler. Go-getter.
We are looking for 3 Ambassadors per location. One of the three will be the lead Ambassador. We’re looking for Ambassadors in the following geographies:
NEW YORK CITY, USA
SAN FRANCISCO, USA
MEXICO CITY, MEXICO
BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA
SAO PAULO, BRAZIL
TEL AVIV, ISRAEL
NEW DELHI, INDIA
HONG KONG, CHINA
If you are not in one of the locations above and still want to become a ThunderCore Ambassador, please apply. We’d love to consider you.
What are the next steps?
If you’re interested, your next step is straightforward. Fill out the ThunderCore Ambassador application here:
The team will review all applications as they are submitted, and we’ll reach out personally to those candidates who appear to be a good fit.
By the time our Protocol launches, we want to have identified and onboarded many awesome technical ThunderCore Ambassadors to support an army of developers building on the ThunderCore Protocol!