Major Updates to #NeverStop series
Hi. I have been thinking and reflecting for a while on the way I organize the live streams everyday and I know there is a lot of room for improvement.
There are some major changes I would like to share with you all today effective immediately. Since there were a lot of things I wanted to share, I thought that it is better of as a blog post. So, here you go.
- Only The Red Carpet (where we interview amazing people every week) will be streamed live every Saturday at 9:00 PM IST for 30 minutes in our channel.
- All other episodes will be scheduled as premieres every alternative day at 9:00 PM IST in our Youtube channel. This will also lead to a lot of improvement in quality, automate a lot of things and make the experience great for the audience as well.
While we can record The Red Carpet as well in advance, we want to give the audience an opportunity to interact with leaders and visionaries live in the stream. And that is why we have that scheduled live while others will be pre-recorded.
- Every video will just cover 1 topic and will last for a maximum of 10 minutes. There will not be a concept of seasons and episodes anymore (for everything except The Red Carpet) since they will all be topic driven.
- All questions can be posted either in the chat or the comments and we will be answering them as and when we see them or during the premiere.
- Posting about things like these daily in the social media will just be spamming your feed. So, rather than posting updates daily in social media, we will publish a weekly digest of all the videos for the week so that we just have 1 post on your feed per week. We don’t want to distract you with all our posts.
- We will be inviting other content creators as well. I don’t want to be the single person who keeps showing my face everyday on the stream. So, in the future we will try to find other people who may even be better suited to deliver the content as intended. Let us know if you are interested.
- Every video we post from now will also be accompanied by a blog post helping you better refer and understand what we have to say or read it if you prefer reading over watching videos.
- Making quality content requires a significant amount of time and effort. In view of this, we are going to encourage people to join our Patreon group (https://www.patreon.com/timecampus) so that we can continue doing this over a long run.
As an added benefit (along with the other things as mentioned in our patreon tiers), they will be able to watch all the scheduled premieres in advance even before it gets cast in YouTube or other platforms.
- We understand that countdown timers, fancy overlays and other things can be distracting when watching the stream/video. So, we will be getting rid of all of them so that you can open the video, watch the content and be off to your work without having to seek, scroll or get distracted.
- We will be hosting an Ask Me Anything episode once every month live where you can come onboard and ask all the questions you want about anything and we will answer them live. In addition to this, we will also be giving you sneak peeks into what goes on behind the scenes in our journey towards building Timecampus and everything related to it.
- We know that many episodes streamed so far have had technical issues or bad presentation. Over time, we will try to re-record and share them as well in premieres to make sure we focus a lot on the quality of content.
In summary, we are changing the way in which we are presenting the content we have to share with all of you and make the experience really good for everyone. This does not have any implications on the content but rather the format in which we present it to everyone.
By following all these steps, we will be able to
- Improve quality of content
- Avoid SPAM in social media
- Automate majority of tasks
- Make everything short and sweet to digest
- Provide content in multiple formats
And deliver a lot more than what we are able to do now.
We are looking for ways to improve things everyday. All your feedback is welcome.
If you would like to know as and when we publish content, do subscribe to our Youtube channel or follow us in any of the social media platforms.