Besan Cheela (Pancakes)
1 cup besan ( chickpea flour/ gram flour)
½ tsp ajwain/carom seeds (optional)
1/2 spoon garam masala
salt as needed
1/8 tsp Turmeric
1 onion chopped finely
1 green chili chopped finely
1/2 capsicum chopped finely
a handful of coriander leaves chopped
2/3 to 1 cup water
oil or ghee as needed
- Add besan, turmeric, garam masala and salt to a mixing bowl. Mix everything well.
- Add ginger, capsicum, onions, coriander leaves, and chilies. Pour enough water and make a batter of thick but pourable consistency.
- (I prefer to not mix the veggies with the batter but put them from the top in the pan)
- Heat a pan and grease it lightly with few drops of oil. Allow it to turn hot and reduce the flame to medium.
- Mix the batter well from the bottom. Take some batter and pour it in the center. Quickly spread it to a round cheela.
- Drizzle some oil around the edges and the center.
- Allow it to cook until the edges leave the pan.
- Flip it to the other side.
- Serve besan cheela with some tea or chutney.
Comment below if you liked the recipe.