Should you separate your marketing site from your web app?
In episode 319 of their podcasts, Mike and Rob got this listener question:
When creating a SaaS app, what are the pros and cons of having your marketing website and the actual SaaS code base combined into a single repo?
I’ve been working with SaaS companies for 8 years, and my answer is to keep them separated. Here’s why:
Reasons you should have your marketing site separate from your web application:
- no need to test and deploy your application every time marketing needs to make an update
- less interruptions for your software developers
- marketing dept has more flexibility and agility
- marketing and app can use separate libraries + assets
- built-in redundancy (if your app goes down, your marketing site stays up)
- improved security (you don’t need to worry about a WordPress vulnerability taking down your app)
Want more tips like this? Subscribe and get a tip every week for one month:
Originally published at tinymarketingwins.com on December 29, 2016.
Like this tip? Give it a ♥ below!