2016 with Tiwale
Seasons greetings from the Tiwale team! 2016 has been quite a year. Tiwale has continued to empower women to achieve their greatest potential. Here’s a sneak peek of a few highlights from the year!!
- We commenced construction of our women’s center!
Last May, we made our first steps in building a collaborative learning environment where we will provide secondary school education, vocational skills training, and activities such as computer training summer camps, art studio space pop-ups, and bi-weekly health education gatherings for a targeted 200 women each year. Through our Indiegogo fundraiser we have raised $5,118 of $20,000 budget.
2. We introduced sewing classes to our vocational skills program. Our totes are available now on our online store!
3. We are on the ONE Campaign’s #PovertyIsSexist movement.Read the article and watch the interview here.
4. Our team tripled in size — we’re ecstatic. Get to know us!
5. Our founder and director, Ellen Chilemba, received the We Are Family Foundation Humanitarian Award from musician, businessperson, and philanthropist, Bono. Go, Ellen!
Shop with us this holiday season! Give the gift of giving. Enter code shop2empower for a$5 discount on our $20–25 hand-dyed tote bags.
We feel blessed for your continued support. Thank you so much. May 2017 bring you love and joy! Zikomo!
The Tiwale Community.