✋ IMPORTANT INFO: Do not enter the BNB address from your binance.com account on the Tixl account page. Always go through binance.org. ✋
We received a lot of questions regarding which wallet to choose for receiving your Tixl tokens. That’s why we want to give a recommendation now. This blog post has two main chapters:
- How to Receive Tixl Tokens with a Hardware Wallet?
- How to Receive Tixl Tokens with a Software Wallet?
1. How to Receive Tixl Tokens with a Hardware Wallet?
If you want to use a hardware wallet, we recommend using the Ledger Nano X. The Ledger Nano S will also work but it has less storage space and so you might have to uninstall and reinstall some apps if you store multiple cryptocurrencies with it.
To start with your ledger, download the Binance Chain app in the ledger manager.
Next up, click “Install” and wait until the process completes. You should then see the following success screen:
After the installation open your web browser (we recommend Chrome) and navigate to https://www.binance.org/unlock. Follow the steps shown on that website.
Finally, as soon as your wallet is unlocked you will be able to see your Binance Chain balances. At the top left, you can see your Binance Chain address starting with “bnb…”. Copy that address and paste it on the Tixl account page. Finally, confirm your Binance Chain address by clicking the “CONFIRM” button in the email you’ll receive from us.
2. How to Receive Tixl Tokens with a Software Wallet?
In case you don’t have a hardware wallet, we recommend to use Trust Wallet. Trust Wallet is a mobile app that works for both iOS and Android. To receive Tixl tokens with Trust wallet follow these steps (images below):
- Download the app from the app store depending on your mobile operating system.
- Complete the app onboarding until you see your cryptocurrency overview. Safely store your recovery phrase. You should then see some default tokens that have been added automatically (currently BTC, ETH, and BNB).
- Press the “Add/Plus” icon at the top right and search for “Tixl”. You will find the MTXLT BEP2 token. Press the small “Add/Plus” icon on the right and add Tixl to your wallet. Close the search menu.
- You will now find Tixl in your cryptocurrency overview. To get your address for receiving Tixl tokens, press the Tixl list entry and you will see some buttons for sending and receiving Tixl tokens. Now press the receive button and you will see your Binance Chain address together with a QR-code.
- Do not write off the screen but instead copy to the clipboard on your phone by pressing the “Copy” button. In case you want to add it to your Tixl account from your desktop computer, send it from your phone by Airdrop, Bluetooth, email or other communication channels.
- Add the address starting with “bnb…” to your Tixl account on https://tixl.me/account.
- Finally, confirm your Binance Chain address by clicking the “CONFIRM” button in the email you’ll receive from us.
Tixl tokens will be distributed to your wallet as soon as you’ve added the Tixl address to your account. The distribution will start on July 17 at 10 am CET. From there on the token distribution script will run once every day.