How much would it cost to install solar on my house?
A must read if you are thinking of installing solar.
Cost of solar installation varies based on several factors. Some of those are:
- Country where the project is — taxes and duties can play a significant role
- Size of the project — economies of scale can play a significant role
- Quality and efficiency of solar modules — a general rule of thumb: cost increases as the efficiency of panels increase
- Quality of BoS (Balance of System) — inverter, monitoring system, wiring etc
- Quality of installation — this would depend on the installer, an experienced installer would never cut corners and as a result would focus of project performance instead of the lowest price. Think of solar as a 25 year investment, to get maximum impact the project needs to perform well over that period and therefore, a good installer with a long-term track record is needed. Do not hesitate to ask your installer to provide customer feedback or details on its past projects.
- Additional work required during installation — some installations are not straightforward and therefore, the benchmark prices may be low, additional electrical, civil or other installation work on your site may add to the price of the project. So this part is very site specific.
At PowereMarket, we understand these factors and use benchmarks in different countries.
Its easy to use, enter your postcode in the above search bar, select the address from the drop-down menu, select the area where you would like your solar project installed (you can try different locations and even select multiple sites)
And the calculator would do the rest, it would take irradiation data from your region, utility electricity tariff data, solar incentives data and the benchmark prices of your country.
For example, if you are the UK, it would pick up all of those details from the UK and your region
Or, if you are in India with different irradiation, different solar policies and incentive, PowerMarket solar impact calculator would use all the relevant data from India
PowerMarket is a product of SunReign Ltd, a UK registered company founded with a mission: sustainable energy for all. PowerMarket is an Oxford University Innovation and European Space Agency supported venture.