FINOPITCH 2023 is open for registration
FINOPITCH was launched in 2021 to showcase startup innovations and business models and to expand opportunities for domestic and international to markets. It took over the legacy of “FIBC” that made the history of financial innovation in Japan since 2012 and enhanced with the experience of the organizers in managing FINOLAB, one of the leading FinTech hubs in Japan.
The pitch contest will be held on March 10, 2023, with startup presentations and demonstrations of up to 7 minutes in English, including video broadcasts. The application deadline is January 10, 2023, using the online application form, with the finalists being announced on February 1, 2023.
More than 170 domestic and international startups have participated since the inception of the event, including companies such as AI inside, ConsenSys, Finatext holdings, FOLIO, freee, Hottlink, Kyash, Loadstar Capital, Money Forward, Moneytree, Paidy, Revolut and Zuu. The events FINOPITCH 2021 and FINOPITCH 2022 can be viewed online.
FinTech startups that meet the following requirements are invited to apply:
- Must be a FinTech startup.
- Must have products/services available for demonstration.
- Must agree to the contents of the entry form.
- In principle, the Finalist are asked to pitch on site in Tokyo on March 10, 2023, but depending on the travel situation, alternative presentation methods are negotiable.
- Domestic startups: The startup should be founded within the past 5 years and the service should be released within the past 2 years.
- International startups: The startup company should be founded within the past 7 years and the service should be released within the past 3 years, with the aspiration to enter Japan market.
Candidates will be judged based on their impact on the financial services industry, the level of innovation in their business model, their potential for business growth and global market expansion.
This article is part of our Tokyo FinTech Publication, please follow us to read more from our writers, like hundreds of readers do every day. Please also register for our short weekly digest, published some Saturdays, at the link below.