The Top 7 Uses Of Metallic Hydrogen
The Top 5 Science list for February 21, 2017
NOTE: Scientists claimed to turn hydrogen into a metal: http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/01/diamond-vise-turns-hydrogen-metal-potentially-ending-80-year-quest
7) No need for a pump when filling up your hydrogen powered vehicle.
6) We can finally make containers for a highly volatile gaseous element from the metallic version of that same highly volatile element.
5) Mix it up with half as much metallic oxygen and fill your swimming pool.
4) For hard rockers getting long in the tooth, they can take it easy and start playing light metal.
3) Build a self-floating blimp.
2) Use it to remove stains from carbon nanotubes.
and the Number 1 Use Of Metallic Hydrogen…
1) Combined with liquid oxygen, it would make quite the racket in the drink shaker.
Selected from 27 submissions from 9 contributors.
This week’s list authors are:
1: Pete Van Opens, Oconomowoc, WI
2: Paul Wiley, Westtown, NY
3: Roy Skogstrom, Pepeekeo, HI
4: Donald Johnson, Cincinnati, OH
5: David Zechiel, Lake Forest, CA
6: Chris Reynolds, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
7: David Zechiel, Lake Forest, CA
Topic, List Moderator: Larry Baum, Kowloon, Hong Kong
To reach the moderator: email@example.com
To subscribe: tinyletter.com/top5science
Copyright 2017 by Larry Baum