TOP Network Biweekly Report: April 20 — May 3
Advancing towards the Mainnet launch landmark scheduled in late June, TOP team are gearing up to perfect every parcel in Dapp, public chain and the whole ecosystem. The group of followers in our social media channels is expanding steadily, and many of them have tried out our decentralized chat apps thanks to the Testnet bounty program. We’ve also opened up Technical Spotlight, a series of in-depth articles on our Medium channel that feature the TOP technical stack and trending technology in the blockchain industry.
Starting next week, we will publish a report every week to keep our investors and community members informed on a more frequent basis. If you have any feedback or suggestion for TOP, feel free to leave comments below or send them directly to our email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Completed the restructure of the version 0.9 of the decentralized VPN Node to support IPv6, multiple IP addresses, multi-channel parallel transmissions, Anti-DPI, and packet obfuscation;
2. Completed coding for the version 0.9 of the decentralized distributed small data storage system, and started testing and bug fixing;
3. Successfully sent and received the first decentralized message on TOP Messaging, the decentralized messaging application;
4. Optimized TOP economic model and incentive system: Held discussions and reviews with partners and mining pools, and synthesize feedbacks and suggestions to complete the design, code modification and testing;
5. Completed the design and review of Super Wallet (for miners) and automated tools for operation and maintenance (for miners/mine services), and started coding. The development plan is consistent with the Mainnet launch schedule;
6. Optimized the consensus audit failover: Once auditing of the advanced nodes fails, a level-3 failover will be processed.
1. The number of followers in TOP official social media channels increased steadily. The number of Telegram members hit 13239 with more engaging and diversified discussions while the number of our Twitter followers reached 10,400.
2. More than 27,000 TOP tokens were given out last week in our Testnet bounty program. A second round of Testnet bounty program featuring a decentralized lottery application will come out soon this week. Please stay tuned with our official channels for latest updates.
3. We launched Technical Spotlight on our Medium channel, which embraces a series of in-depth articles detailing the technical stack and cutting-edge technology in the blockchain industry. Feel free to let us know if you’re interested in any particular topics by leaving comments below.
1.TOP Network officially joined Binance Info’s transparency initiative. We will keep the community informed by sharing the latest project-related updates via all our channels. Check out our profile page on Binance Info for more details.
2. TOP CEO Steve published an op-ed on Asia Blockchain Review regarding Facebook’s recent progress into the cryptocurrency payment system. According to Steve, this action is likely to polish Facebook’s tarnished image in user privacy and the tech giant’s commitment is definitely a good news for the crypto industry.
TOP CTO Taylor delivered a workshop at ActionSpot community, a developer community in Silicon Valley on April. 30. Missed out the live event? Click here to access the slides for more technological details!
You can find TOP Network on:
Email Contact: email@example.com
Official Website: http://www.topnetwork.org
About TOP Network
TOP Network is a decentralized open communication network that provides cloud communication services on the blockchain. TOP offers secure, low-cost services such as messaging, calling, video, VPN, CDN, IoT data sharing and more.
TOP Network is also a high-performance public blockchain platform designed to handle real-world business of any size or volume. Powered by innovations including three-layer network, two-layer sharding, two-layer lattice DAG and PBFT-DPoS*, TOP can process several hundred thousand transactions per second on the blockchain.
The long-term mission of TOP Network is to build a public blockchain infrastructure for all Dapps. Our world-class team of over 100 developers is striving for this goal.
TOP Network originated from the common underlying network layer of Dingtone, CoverMe and SkyVPN, three communication apps built by the TOP team before the blockchain project. These apps, having attracted over 60 million users in total, will be ported to TOP Network upon the launch of TOP and generate huge volumes of transactions in the TOP ecosystem.
TOP Network was founded by serial entrepreneur Steve Wei and his colleagues in late 2017. Steve was one of the earliest employees of WebEx in the 1990s. After WebEx, he founded a successful video conferencing software company which was acquired by Huawei in 2010. In 2012, Steve co-founded Dingtone, a public listed company operating popular communication apps such as Dingtone, CoverMe and SkyVPN.
On March 26th, TOP Network made its debut as the first project launched through Huobi Prime — Huobi’s selective Direct Premium Offering platform. A total of 1.5 billion TOP Tokens were sold out in seconds, after which the price of TOP surged 2770% once it was freely tradable. Upon the listing, TOP’s trading volume hit $100 million in just eight seconds, and surpassed the trading volume of Bitcoin at $167 million in less than a week, ranking first in terms of volume on Huobi Global. Before that, TOP Network has closed $15 million early investments from prestigious institutional investors and individual billionaire investors, including DHVC, Fenbushi Capital, NEO Global Capital (NGC), Ontology Global Capital (OGC), LD Capital and more.