TOP Network Biweekly Report: December 1 — December 14
Approaching the end of 2018, TOP Network keeps carrying on to make breakthroughs in various aspects including technical development, investment, community management, and team building. We collaborated with ABC Blockchain Community to host White Paper Journal Club, delving into the technical development with engineers in Silicon Valley. Our Telegram group expanded the fastest ever. Patrick, founder of Qtum, announced strategic investment in TOP Network, and an experienced developer joined TOP team. We will kick off our second AMA (Ask Me Anything) at 10pm PST on Dec. 19 in the official Telegram group. Feel free to leave your questions on our social media channels. We would like to say great thanks for all your support and help, and look forward to more blockchain enthusiasts joining our community!
I. Event Highlights | TOP Network X ABC Blockchain Community: White Paper Journal Club
TOP Network collaborated with ABC Blockchain Community, a technical group started by a group of blockchain enthusiasts at Google, to host our first White Paper Journal Club. TOP CTO Taylor Wei and CMO Noah Wang discussed layer 2 solutions and technical innovations of TOP Network with engineers from tech giants and top-notch crypto projects including Google, Facebook and Huobi. TOP will roll out more events like tech discussions and hackathons with technical communities in Silicon Valley in the near future. Please stay tuned!
II. Technical Development
1. Completed the object type of extended data supported by Smart Contract.
2. Completed the first version of Smart Contract that supports LUA language and released it internally.
3. Completed the second version of consensus plug-in and customizable transformation. Released it internally.
4. Completed 50% of the development of a new-generation XLedger distributed data storage and automatic synchronization system
5. Completed the development of the first version of three Dapps including a decentralized lottery, decentralized red packet, and decentralized business card. Released and tested them internally.
III. TOP Community
1. The number of TOP Telegram group members grew the fastest ever and reached 7400, with an average of 200 to 300 messages every day. The number of TOP Twitter increased substantially to 6000 as well.
2. To spark creativity in our community, TOP Network announced Community Sticker Design Competition on Dec. 11. share your creative design of stickers oR GIFs relevant to TOP’s value and win competitive token rewards! Check https://medium.com/top-network/top-network-community-sticker-design-competition-is-on-39b775214f47 for more details.
3. TOP Network will start the second AMA (Ask Me Anything) in our official Telegraph group at 11pm PST on December 19. Don’t forget to leave your questions in the comment section on our Medium channel to win token rewards!
1. Patrick, founder of Qtum, one of the most well-known blockchain projects in China, announced strategic investment in TOP Network. Patrick highly agrees with TOP Network’s full-stack development strategy involving three layers from Dapps, service layer to the infrastructural public chain. “Undoubtedly only a team like TOP Network with a large number of developers and technical expertise can implement such a strategy,” said Patrick, regarding it as the only feasible approach for a successful ecosystem on the blockchain.
2. We would like to express our deepest condolence upon the passing of Prof. Shoucheng Zhang, renowned physicist at Stanford University and founder of DHVC. Prof. Zhang backed TOP Network up since the very early stage, and DHVC is one of TOP’s leading investors and most important partners.
A new team member Charlie Xie joined TOP Network as a software engineer. Charlie has a master’s degree in Information Security from a top university in China, and has years of experience working at tech companies including Baidu, Alibaba and Huawei. Charlie is an expert in big data analysis, architecture design and R&D. After joining TOP Network, Charlie will be responsible for the development of decentralized distributed platform, and a digital business platform that accommodates decentralized VPN, storage, IM, etc.
You can find TOP Network on:
Email Contact: email@example.com
Official Website: http://www.topnetwork.org
About TOP Network
TOP Network is a decentralized open communication network that provides cloud communication services on the blockchain. TOP offers secure, low-cost services such as messaging, calling, video, VPN, CDN, IoT data sharing and more.
TOP Network is also a high-performance public blockchain platform designed to handle real-world business of any size or volume. Powered by innovations including three-layer network, two-layer sharding, two-layer lattice DAG and PBFT-DPoS*, TOP can process several hundred thousand transactions per second on the blockchain.
The long-term mission of TOP Network is to build a public blockchain infrastructure for all Dapps. Our world-class team of over 100 developers is striving for this goal.
TOP Network originated from the common underlying network layer of Dingtone, CoverMe and SkyVPN, three communication apps built by the TOP team before the blockchain project. These apps, having attracted over 50 million users in total, will be ported to TOP Network upon the launch of TOP and generate huge volumes of transactions in the TOP ecosystem.
TOP Network was founded by serial entrepreneur Steve Wei and his colleagues in late 2017. Steve was one of the earliest employees of WebEx in the 1990s. After WebEx, he founded a successful video conferencing software company which was acquired by Huawei in 2010. In 2012, Steve co-founded Dingtone, a public listed company operating popular communication apps such as Dingtone, CoverMe and SkyVPN.
TOP Network has closed $8 million early investments from prestigious institutional investors and individual billionaire investors, including DHVC, Fenbushi Capital, NEO Global Capital (NGC), Ontology Global Capital (OGC), LD Capital and more.