TOP Network Biweekly Report: February 9-February 22
TOP Network made a hit by getting covered by Forbes for a feature on how the blockchain technology was applied to secure user privacy and security. Aside from the publicity on Forbes, TOP executive team was actively engaged in interviews and offline events in the past two weeks — our CTO Taylor held a tech talk at ABC Blockchain Community, CEO Steve joined a panel discussion at SF DeveloperWeek, CMO Noah was invited to comment on The Point, an opinion television show on CGTN. On the technical side, our development team completed the design of smart objects, the development of an automated build & test system, ready for the official unveil of Testnet 2.0. Moreover, an experienced community manager joined our team.
I. Featured in the Media
1.Steve was interviewed by Forbes to address user privacy and security issues in the communication industry. This featured story, now receiving more than 3000 views, addressed the privacy breach within popular messaging apps like Facebook Messenger and WeChat, pointing out TOP could offer a viable alternative that better secure user privacy and freedom. According to Forbes, “any endeavor to increase privacy and freedom for individuals is a noble one. TOP Network seems to be sticking to its core values, and its successful track record with other communication networks bode well for the launch of its game-changing TOP Network”.
2. TOP CMO Noah has published two op-eds on CGTN regarding the tech industry. Noah was invited to discuss on The Point, an opinion show on CGTN, about TikTok’s recent hazard in India, saying that blockchain offers the opportunity to build an open, transparent network that can reduce the chances of similar situations.
II. Technical Development
1. Completed 50% of the big data storage technology on smart contracts;
2. Completed 55% of LUA refactoring development on smart contracts on the new data structure and database;
3. Completed 60% of the development of smart-object decentralized small data storage;
4. Completed 50% of RPC API refactoring and documentation;
5. Completed development and testing of the Edge network of “Routable Hierarchy Network” and released version 0.5;
6. Released internal version 0.5 of “Virtualize NxN Mesh Network”;
7. Completed coding and documentation of “Unified Address & Identify”;
8. Completed the design and documentation of “Smart Bootstrap” and began coding;
9. Complete the automated build & test system that supports Linux, Windows, Mac.
III. TOP Community
1. The number of TOP Telegram group members steadily increased. Boosted by the Forbes coverage on Feb. 18, our group expanded with an average growth between 200 to 300 people every day.
2. TOP Network’s answer on Quora received more than 5,000 reviews within a week, becoming the highest-upvoted answer to the relevant question. TOP will share more unique insights and content regarding the blockchain and tech industry in various social media channels. Stay tuned!
1.TOP CTO Taylor presented on ABC Blockchain Community, the largest developer community in Silicon Valley, to share the technical innovation of decentralized communication network and the potential economic use cases of blockchain. Please check out our YouTube channel for more details.
2. TOP CEO Steve was invited to a panel discussion on SF DeveloperWeek regarding the opportunity and risk of open source in blockchain. Steve believes what users seek for in blockchain is trust, while they don’t actually care whether the apps are centralized or decentralized, instead focusing on user experience and business model that are applicable to the centralized apps as well.
3. Steve and Noah attended O-Show, global roadshow of our strategic investor OGC, in Boston and San Francisco. As the star portfolio company of OGC, TOP discussed the potential application of blockchain with other prestigious projects and hundreds of attendees, to strive for a diversified ecosystem in this field.
A new community manager Dani Bian joined TOP team. Dani graduated from The University of Salamanca in Spain and has interned at SPRI Group Shanghai, the Business Development Agency of the Basque Government in Spain. Dani has obtained extensive knowledge in open source community management from his experience at a well-known blockchain project. After joining TOP, Dani will be responsible for technical community management.
You can find TOP Network on:
Email Contact: email@example.com
Official Website: http://www.topnetwork.org
About TOP Network
TOP Network is a decentralized open communication network that provides cloud communication services on the blockchain. TOP offers secure, low-cost services such as messaging, calling, video, VPN, CDN, IoT data sharing and more.
TOP Network is also a high-performance public blockchain platform designed to handle real-world business of any size or volume. Powered by innovations including three-layer network, two-layer sharding, two-layer lattice DAG and PBFT-DPoS*, TOP can process several hundred thousand transactions per second on the blockchain.
The long-term mission of TOP Network is to build a public blockchain infrastructure for all Dapps. Our world-class team of over 100 developers is striving for this goal.
TOP Network originated from the common underlying network layer of Dingtone, CoverMe and SkyVPN, three communication apps built by the TOP team before the blockchain project. These apps, having attracted over 50 million users in total, will be ported to TOP Network upon the launch of TOP and generate huge volumes of transactions in the TOP ecosystem.
TOP Network was founded by serial entrepreneur Steve Wei and his colleagues in late 2017. Steve was one of the earliest employees of WebEx in the 1990s. After WebEx, he founded a successful video conferencing software company which was acquired by Huawei in 2010. In 2012, Steve co-founded Dingtone, a public listed company operating popular communication apps such as Dingtone, CoverMe and SkyVPN.
TOP Network has closed $11 million early investments from prestigious institutional investors and individual billionaire investors, including DHVC, Fenbushi Capital, NEO Global Capital (NGC), Ontology Global Capital (OGC), LD Capital and more.