TOP Network Biweekly Report: January 26 — February 8
TOP Network team headed back to work after a short Lunar New Year break, striving hard to fulfill the decentralized dreams depicted in our white paper. The development team completed the migration of XBASE to Android and Windows, and added credibility as a factor for node selected based on TOP’s unique DPoS* consensus mechanism. We keep expanding our community, team, strategic partnerships and media relations, and are delving into the technical community with more events in the upcoming two weeks. TOP CTO Taylor will illustrate the decentralized open communication network on Feb. 15 with ABC Blockchain Community, the largest blockchain developer community in Silicon Valley. TOP CEO Steve is attending DeveloperWeek in San Francisco on Feb. 21, to discuss the importance of open source and ethics for blockchain with other industry leaders. TOP is attending OShow, the world tour of Ontology Global Capital (OGC), as a strategic partner in Boston on Feb. 21 and San Francisco on Feb. 26. Please stay tuned!
I. Upcoming Events
1.TOP CTO Taylor will illustrate the technical innovation of decentralized open communication network on Feb. 15 with ABC Blockchain Community. Taylor attended ABC White Paper Journal last year to talk about the layer-2 solution with the top-tier developers and blockchain enthusiasts in Silicon Valley. TOP will collaborate with ABC Blockchain Community to roll out more online and offline technical events in Silicon Valley and Hangzhou.
2. TOP CEO Steve is invited to attend a panel discussion, as part of DeveloperWeek in San Francisco, about the importance of open source and ethics for blockchain on Feb. 21, with other industry leaders including founder of Bee Token and founder of Kambria.
3. TOP Network is attending OShow, the world tour of our strategic investor Ontology Global Capital (OGC). TOP CMO Noah is presenting at Harvard University on Feb. 21 and CEO Steve will show up at a panel discussion in San Francisco on Feb. 26.
II. Technical Development
1. Completed 35% of the big data storage technology on smart contracts.
2. Completed 45% of the refactoring development of LUA smart contracts based on the new data structure and database.
3. Completed 30% of the development of the decentralized small data storage for smart objects.
4. Ported base class library XBASE to Android and Windows.
5. Added credibility as a factor for node selection based on the DPoS* consensus mechanism. Reserved interfaces and data structures to integrate trusted computing for hardware in the future.
III. TOP Community
In the past two weeks, TOP Network Fortune Carnival, a series of exciting games in our Telegram group, was highly favored by a large number of community members and stimulated an average of 600 messages every day. TOP Network Testnet 2.0 is coming out this month. Stay tuned and dabble with more bounty programs based on our decentralized applications!
- Mergermarket, M&A market information outlet, published investment news that TOP Network plans to close a $15 million capital raise by April.
2. TOP CMO Noah published three op-eds on CGTN about the use cases and application of blockchain in 5G, IoT, finance, and more. TOP will provide more opinion pieces and commentary content for third-party media outlets in the future to evangelize the knowledge in blockchain and fin-tech.
A new engineer Smaug Jiao joined TOP Network. Smaug graduated from a well-known university in China with a bachelor’s degree in electronic engineering. Smaug has extensive experience with Linux/C++/Python. He has participated in distributed, cloud computing and cross-platform development projects, and has led a project to design and develop a low-latency, high-availability warning system. After joining TOP, Smaug will work as a senior C++ engineer to contribute to the infrastructural platform development.
You can find TOP Network on:
Email Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Website: http://www.topnetwork.org
About TOP Network
TOP Network is a decentralized open communication network that provides cloud communication services on the blockchain. TOP offers secure, low-cost services such as messaging, calling, video, VPN, CDN, IoT data sharing and more.
TOP Network is also a high-performance public blockchain platform designed to handle real-world business of any size or volume. Powered by innovations including three-layer network, two-layer sharding, two-layer lattice DAG and PBFT-DPoS*, TOP can process several hundred thousand transactions per second on the blockchain.
The long-term mission of TOP Network is to build a public blockchain infrastructure for all Dapps. Our world-class team of over 100 developers is striving for this goal.
TOP Network originated from the common underlying network layer of Dingtone, CoverMe and SkyVPN, three communication apps built by the TOP team before the blockchain project. These apps, having attracted over 50 million users in total, will be ported to TOP Network upon the launch of TOP and generate huge volumes of transactions in the TOP ecosystem.
TOP Network was founded by serial entrepreneur Steve Wei and his colleagues in late 2017. Steve was one of the earliest employees of WebEx in the 1990s. After WebEx, he founded a successful video conferencing software company which was acquired by Huawei in 2010. In 2012, Steve co-founded Dingtone, a public listed company operating popular communication apps such as Dingtone, CoverMe and SkyVPN.
TOP Network has closed $11 million early investments from prestigious institutional investors and individual billionaire investors, including DHVC, Fenbushi Capital, NEO Global Capital (NGC), Ontology Global Capital (OGC), LD Capital and more.