TOP Network made a great leap forward as TOP Token got listed through Huobi Prime on March 26, 2019. TOP token has been freely tradable on Huobi Global since 10:40 pm SGT, following price skyrocketing almost 3000% at the peak.
Away from the limelight, our technical team focusing on development released an alpha version of Testnet 3.0. TOP Network Hangzhou office welcomed over 30 Yale University delegates on March 15. TOP co-founders attended and co-hosted a number of meetups with Conflux, Elastos and more and got featured on top-tier crypto news media in the past two weeks. On March 25, TOP CEO Steve showed up in our official Telegram group for an one-hour AMA (Ask Me Anything) session. On March 26, TOP announced strategic partnership with Algorand, a new foundational pure proof-of-stake blockchain platform founded by MIT professor and Turing Award winner Silvio Micali. An experienced content writer also joined the team.
Thanks to all the support from our community members, we feel so proud to make the debut on Huobi Prime and we’re confident to achieve more!
I. Debut on Huobi Prime
Huobi Global officially launched its selective coin listing platform Huobi Prime at 9 pm (GMT+8) on March 26. A total of 1.5 million TOP Tokens, the first coin listed through Huobi Prime, was sold out in three “price-limit” rounds. The purchase in the first round, with the price capped at $0.00177, happened in less than one second while the other two rounds flashed by in less than 5 seconds. TOP token has been freely tradable on Huobi Global since 10:40 pm (GMT+8) on March 26, following price skyrocketing almost 3000% at the peak and millions of transactions within eight minutes.
II. Technical Development
TOP Testnet 3.0 reached alpha release version, with the following features included:
1. Completed account rights management V1.0 — assign different KEYs to Voice, Data, Asset, and Owner, with corresponding permissions.
2. Random native account numbers — regular and smart contracts can invoke consensus to generate secure random numbers.
3. Completed the renovation of Unified Address & Identify.
4. Added Trust as a factor of stake to DPoS* consensus mechanism.
5. Completed the restructuring of RPC API.
6. Supported anti-DDOS attack module based on IP address and account address.
7. Completed the development of Smart-Bootstrap.
8. Integrated Routable Hierarchy Network V0.5.
9. Integrated Virtualize NxN Mesh Network V0.5.
10. Integrated decentralized routing algorithm V0.5.
11. Completed the distributed smart contacts V0.1.
III. Community Management
1. Boosted by the Huobi Prime announcement, the number of TOP Telegram group members dramatically increased for 4000 over the past week with more than 1000 daily messages. The number of our WeChat group members multiplied in the past week.
2. TOP Network Bounty Campaign started again. 1,000,000 tokens were ready for you. This bounty campaign will have a duration of one week. Time limited, join now!
TOP Network announced strategic partnership with Algorand to develop scalable blockchain solutions bring over 60 million users on the public chain platform. Founded by Turing Award winner Silvio Micali, Algorand is building technical innovation for the Borderless Economy. “We look forward to working together with TOP Network to develop new, scalable blockchain solutions that can deliver the potential of blockchain technology to the masses,” Micali said.
V. Event Highlights
- On March 15, TOP Network Hangzhou office welcomed over 30 delegates from Yale University. Steve shared his entrepreneurial experience and the blockchain industry with attendees included Professor Frank Zhang from Yale University, Brain Cai, Yale alumnus and founder of Fortuna, and more.
2. TOP CEO Steve was invited to join Conflux Meetup in Hangzhou on March 16 and shared his opinions about the next-generation public chain and technical prospects. Guests presented in this meetup included Conflux CTO, director of quantitative analysis, and researcher from Ant Financial Blockchain Lab.
3. On meetups co-hosted by TOP Network and Elastos in Hanoi on March 20 and Bangkok on 23, TOP CTO Taylor and CMO Noah talked about the public chain ecosystem and DApp development with the developer community in Vietnam and Thailand.
4. TOP CEO Steve and CMO Noah showed up in multiple online communities including Shenliancaijing, Huobi Global Telegram group and our official Telegram group to answer any questions from the token listing, 60 million user base to technical innovations. TOP aims to build a high-performance public chain for real-world applications that will attract more users and developers, said Steve.
5. TOP CEO Steve and CMO Noah were interviewed by top-tier crypto media in China and TOP got featured on CCN, CryptoVest, Coinspeaker and more in the breaking news on Huobi Prime announcement. What made TOP stand out among other competitive projects to be the first one on Huobi Prime were the excellent team and cutting-edge technology, said Noah. TOP will concentrate on development and is striving towards our mission to a public blockchain infrastructure for all Dapps.
A content writer and technical writer Charles Coombs-Esmail joined TOP team. Charles graduated from University of California Santa Barbara with a bachelor’s degree in physics. He came across blockchain in 2017 and learned all about it by conducting research in tons of projects and reading countless white papers. Charles worked at Elastos as a community moderator and technical writer before. He will contribute to our English content team with his expertise in language and technical writing after joining TOP.
You can find TOP Network on:
Email Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Website: http://www.topnetwork.org
About TOP Network
TOP Network is a decentralized open communication network that provides cloud communication services on the blockchain. TOP offers secure, low-cost services such as messaging, calling, video, VPN, CDN, IoT data sharing and more.
TOP Network is also a high-performance public blockchain platform designed to handle real-world business of any size or volume. Powered by innovations including three-layer network, two-layer sharding, two-layer lattice DAG and PBFT-DPoS*, TOP can process several hundred thousand transactions per second on the blockchain.
The long-term mission of TOP Network is to build a public blockchain infrastructure for all Dapps. Our world-class team of over 100 developers is striving for this goal.
TOP Network originated from the common underlying network layer of Dingtone, CoverMe and SkyVPN, three communication apps built by the TOP team before the blockchain project. These apps, having attracted over 60 million users in total, will be ported to TOP Network upon the launch of TOP and generate huge volumes of transactions in the TOP ecosystem.
TOP Network was founded by serial entrepreneur Steve Wei and his colleagues in late 2017. Steve was one of the earliest employees of WebEx in the 1990s. After WebEx, he founded a successful video conferencing software company which was acquired by Huawei in 2010. In 2012, Steve co-founded Dingtone, a public listed company operating popular communication apps such as Dingtone, CoverMe and SkyVPN.
TOP Network has closed $11 million early investments from prestigious institutional investors and individual billionaire investors, including DHVC, Fenbushi Capital, NEO Global Capital (NGC), Ontology Global Capital (OGC), LD Capital and more.