TOP Network Biweekly Report: November 17— November 30
Approaching the last month of this year, TOP Network keeps making breakthroughs in technical development, investment, community management, and team building. TOP Network held the first AMA (Ask Me Anything) in the official Telegram group, answering sharp questions focusing on technical development and business model raised by community members. O1ex announced additional investment, and an experienced engineer joined our development team. TOP Network appreciates all your help and we look forward to more blockchain enthusiasts engaging in our Telegram group. We’re committed to making our way to realize the blueprint depicted in our whitepaper!
I. Event Highlights | TOP Network First Live AMA (Ask Me Anything)
TOP Network successfully held the first AMA (Ask Me Anything) in our official Telegram group at 10 pm PST on Nov. 28. Our community members raised sharp and valuable questions, setting the group to an incredibly active level and bringing in a large number of new members. TOP CEO Steve Wei answered 20 questions in total, addressing details in technology and business model about TOP Network.
Feel free to check out our collated AMA recap published on Medium. Don’t forget to leave your questions in the comment section below the announcement of our next AMA. You will get 20 tokens for each question selected!
II. Technical Development
1. Made a progress of 40% to enable smart contracts supporting extended data object types including common data types and its corresponding operations like List, Map, Hash, and String. Each account is able to be scaled to have a mini Redis DB capability.
2. Enabled LUA scripts and the native extended data type to be interconnectable and interoperable.
3. Completed the first part of the development of LUA Smart Contract Platform, making all functions on smart contracts available.
4. Made a progress of 30% to implement consensus plug-in and customization. Developed a consensus plug-in for smart contracts.
5. Made a progress of 20% to develop a new-generation XLedger distributed data storage and automatic synchronization system.
III. TOP Community
1. The number of members in our official Telegram group is approaching 6,000. Our first AMA unexpectedly brought in a large number of active community members. The number of TOP Twitter followers reached 3,200, with a significantly increased number of likes and retweets.
2. TOP Network officially released the first version of TOP group stickers and Toppie, TOP’s mascot, in the Telegram group. Our 2.0 version of TOP group stickers is on the way. Feel free to share your ideas with Toppie in our community!
3. Upon Nov. 22, Thanksgiving Day in the U.S., TOP is grateful for all the support from our investors, partners and community members.
O1ex announced additional investment in TOP Network. O1ex is the leading blockchain investment firm in U.A.E, acting as a catalyst for the most advanced technology. O1ex announced strategic investment in TOP Network earlier this year. The fact that TOP keeps raising one investment a week undoubtedly indicates TOP’s confidence and ability to survive the crypto winter.
A new team member Blue Shi joined TOP Network as a software engineer. Blue has ten years of experience in C++ development and extensive knowledge in data structure and algorithm. After joining TOP Network, Blue will be responsible for blockchain platform architecture design and development.
You can find TOP Network on:
Email Contact: email@example.com
Official Website: http://www.topnetwork.org
About TOP Network
TOP Network is a decentralized open communication network that provides cloud communication services on the blockchain. TOP offers secure, low-cost services such as messaging, calling, video, VPN, CDN, IoT data sharing and more.
TOP Network is also a high-performance public blockchain platform designed to handle real-world business of any size or volume. Powered by innovations including three-layer network, two-layer sharding, two-layer lattice DAG and PBFT-DPoS*, TOP can process several hundred thousand transactions per second on the blockchain.
The long-term mission of TOP Network is to build a public blockchain infrastructure for all Dapps. Our world-class team of over 100 developers is striving for this goal.
TOP Network originated from the common underlying network layer of Dingtone, CoverMe and SkyVPN, three communication apps built by the TOP team before the blockchain project. These apps, having attracted over 50 million users in total, will be ported to TOP Network upon the launch of TOP and generate huge volumes of transactions in the TOP ecosystem.
TOP Network was founded by serial entrepreneur Steve Wei and his colleagues in late 2017. Steve was one of the earliest employees of WebEx in the 1990s. After WebEx, he founded a successful video conferencing software company which was acquired by Huawei in 2010. In 2012, Steve co-founded Dingtone, a public listed company operating popular communication apps such as Dingtone, CoverMe and SkyVPN.
TOP Network has closed $8 million early investments from prestigious institutional investors and individual billionaire investors, including DHVC, Fenbushi Capital, NEO Global Capital (NGC), Ontology Global Capital (OGC), LD Capital and more.