TOP Network Biweekly Report: September 8–September 21
It’s been almost two months since TOP Network came out of stealth mode. The project has been going smoothly. Our community is growing fast and the team is expanding as well. We kicked off our world tour in September , and attended blockchain summits in Boston and Singapore to meet potential investors and partners. We’re officially launching our Testnet on Oct. 10 at Stanford University. Here we updated the recent progress to our supporters and followers.
I. Upcoming Events
TOP Network is partnering with Stanford Chinese Entrepreneur Organization to officially launch our Testnet on Oct. 10 at Stanford University. We will introduce the progress of the Public Chain Testnet and recruit nodes for testing. Those participating tokens will be rewarded with tokens! There will also be a featured speech from a secret expert in the crypto industry. Click here to join us for an evening with blockchain enthusiasts!
II. Technical Development
1. Optimized account structure to support multiple attributes and assets; supported mapping between account name and account address.
2. Optimized storage structure to support ON-DEDAMD cutting-chain data.
3. Enabled node selection and shard V0.2; increased the impact of factors under PoW algorithm.
4. Implemented multi-layer P2P networks between multiple zones and shards; Enabled communication between multiple BOOTSTRAP and P2P networks. Those modules preliminarily reached V0.1 progress.
5. Implemented the summary of PBFT nodes according to the consensus results of each transaction, and periodically reordered the nodes in shards in a decentralized method.
6. RPC node supported the application of secure HTTP API and secure API under gPRC protocol.
7. Found a lot of stability issues in multiple rounds of automation testing. More problems evolved when large-scale GOSSIP packet was forwarding, especially under abnormal network conditions. The significant change of codes caused some Regression bugs. Next week we will focus on enhancing stability and reliability and fix the bugs found.
III. Community Activities
1. TOP community keeps growing. The number of members in our official Telegram group reached more than 4,700. We successfully launched a bounty bot program that encourages members to get free tokens.
2. We celebrated Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish civil New Year, with our community members from Sept. 9 to 11. We wish our Jewish community members a good and sweet year!
1. TOP Network has launched a strategic partnership with Ontology to create a blockchain-powered communication ecosystem open to all developers and applications. Ontology is a new high-performance public blockchain project and distributed trust collaboration platform. It offers next-generation high-performance infrastructural public chain. In addition to technical support, Ontology will also offer support in fundraising, community operation, and ecosystem development. Ontology Global Capital (OGC), Ontology’s venture capital firm, has announced a strategic investment in TOP Network.
2. Mark Greene became advisor of TOP Network。Mark Greene is an expert in financial technology. He served as CEO of OpenLink Financial and Fair Isaac Corporation, and is currently a director on the boards of OpenLink and Neustar. Mark has extensive experience in finance, economics and technology. He earned PhD in Economics from The University of Michigan.
3. TOP was invited to a private educational meetup organized by NEO Global Capital (NGC) in Boston on Sept. 15. TOP’s CEO Steve introduced the progress of the proejct, figuring out the pain points of the communications industry as well as the problems TOP aims to solve. TOP team shared insights with and built close relationships with potential investors and partners at the event.
4. TOP team attended Consensus Singapore from Sept. 17 to 20, a blockchain world summit organized by CoinDesk that attracted more than 8000 attendees and 75 speakers. TOP’s CEO Steve Wei and CFO Noah Wang caught up with our early investors including NGC, LD Capital, Danhua Capital (DHVC). TOP also met and built close relationships with major cryptocurrency exchanges including Binance, Bibox and Kucoin.
（Steve, Noah with Changpeng Zhao, founder of Binance）
（Steve, Noah with Kucoin founding team）
（Lunch with Bibox team）
5. Odaily, strategic partner of tech media 36kr, interviewed Steve and reported the news of TOP’s $6 million Series A Round.
A new team member Lydia Fang joined as a community manager. Lydia graduated from Zhejiang University and double majored in French and finance. She has experience in event coordination and product operations at Ping An Insurance and Shanpei Technology. She will be responsible for community operations at TOP Network.
You can find TOP Network on:
Email Contact: email@example.com
Official Website: http://www.topnetwork.org
About TOP Network
TOP Network is a decentralized open communication network providing cloud communication services such as messaging, calling, video, VPN, CDN, IoT data sharing and more. Enabled by blockchain 4.0 technology, TOP Network is secure, low cost and unstoppable.
TOP is also a high-performance public blockchain platform designed for enabling real-world business on blockchain. With its three-layered ledgers, two-layered sharding, instant transaction, and zero transaction fees, TOP can process any volume and any size of real-world business on blockchain.
TOP Network originated from the common underlying network layer of three communication apps built by the TOP team in the past. These three apps will be moved to TOP Network immediately after TOP is launched. With over 50 million users combined, they will bring a huge volume of transactions to the TOP ecosystem. Particularly, TOP will become a proven public blockchain platform that can handle millions of DAU and hundred thousands of TPS.
TOP was founded by Steve and his colleagues in late 2017. Steve is a successful serial entrepreneur. He was one of the earliest employees of WebEx. After WebEx, he founded a successful video conferencing software company which was acquired by Huawei in 2010.
With a world-class team of over 100 developers, we are building TOP Network to become the public network infrastructure layer for all apps.
We have closed $8 million early investment from prestigious institutional investors and individual billionaire investors, including DHVC, Fenbushi Capital, NEO Global Capital, LD Capital and more.