This is not a resolution, it’s a life goal.
This post is more for me as a marker to see where I ended up in one year time. I also wanted to put it out there into the world to make myself a tiny bit more accountable.
I am not much for resolutions, but tis the season. If there is such a season. I typically always have goals but I never stick to them. I keep telling myself I will be better this year. Then I end up half assing it and fail miserably. If I could be successful in life as good as I fail, my story would probably be much different.
What do I see currently when I look at myself?
1. I’m at least 30 lbs overweight.
2. I drink too much. Lately, at least a 12 pack of beer every week at minimum. Often even more than that.
3. I used to workout but then I quit because after 3 months of going to the gym 4–5 days a week. I didn’t see the results I expected. I lost about 10lbs and then plateaued.
4. I have little or no ambition.
5. I never finish what I start.
Now that I’ve gotten the negative list out of the way, I’d like to burn the list. Forget about who I WAS, and focus on who I WANT TO BE.
What do I wish to see when I look at myself in 1 year?
1. No more drinking.
2. Start a project, and finish it. In this particular instance I’m interested in creating at least one 10–15 minute stop motion movie.
3. Lose 30 lbs (or more) by 2017.
4. Keep growing out my beard. It’s a little on the awkward stage right now but it’s getting there.
That’s it for now and my first post on Medium. I’m not used to writing stuff so we’ll see how I actually keep up with it. Maybe it’ll be my go to for getting my thoughts out there.