Yoga of the day: Seated Forward Bend
1. Start in Staff Pose. On an inhalation, reach your fingers towards the sky to create length in your side bodies.
2. As you exhale, draw the inner groins deep into the pelvis while keeping your torso long.
3. Lean forward from your hip joints, not bending at the waist. Lengthen the tailbone away from the back of your pelvis. If your hands make contact with your toes, grab on to the outside of your foot. If not, place your hands on your shins, or take a strap around your feet and hold the strap.
4. Stay here for a few breaths, and then begin to deepen the pose by moving with your breath. Keep your spine long and your gaze at your feet. With each inhalation, lift and lengthen your front torso, and with each exhalation release a little more fully into the forward bend.
5. Eventually, you may be ableto stretch your arms out beyond the feet on the floor.
6. Stay here and breathe for 1–3 minutes, then return to Staff Pose.
(Original Instagram Picture: Yoga.Guide)
FitnessTO, One stop source, directory, blog, & guide to Toronto Yoga. #FitnessTO
Originally published at Toronto Fitness on April 24, 2015.