Torus Labs is proud to sponsor ETH Waterloo, ETHGlobal’s premier event of 2019! Our team will be heading up to Waterloo, Canada, from 8th to 10th of November to attend the hackathon, conduct workshops, hold consultations, and host API Prizes.
Previously at ETH Boston 2019, we received amazing traction from developers with 22 out of 55 teams integrating with Torus. At ETH Waterloo, we are thrilled to see what developers can do with the latest features that we have built into Torus.
Hackathon Workshop: Increasing Your DApp Userbase with Torus
Our senior software engineer, Chaitanya Potti will be conducting a workshop at the hackathon to run through the newest Torus features. Developers can expect to utilize instant logins with Google, Facebook, Reddit, Discord, and Twitch for their DApps. Torus users would be able to send tokens on the Ethereum blockchain to any Google email account, Reddit username and Discord ID.
Support for collectibles and ERC721 tokens would also let developers integrate Torus with DApps that interact with non-fungible tokens. Developers now have an array of features from Torus to complement their project with and give their users seamless onboarding and transaction experience.
Software engineers from Torus Labs would also be present to support developers integrating Torus and help troubleshoot any issues that may arise during the hackathon.
Torus API Prizes
For this hackathon, Torus Labs will be hosting API prize bounties totalling CAD4,500 for 7 teams that integrate Torus. Developers looking for a project to code on can take on one of our bounty challenges.
- 1 Grand prize of CAD1,500 in ETH will be awarded to the DApp with the best use case for Reddit, Twitch, or Discord logins with Torus (for Google, Reddit, and Discord accounts)
- 1 Prize of CAD500 in ETH will be awarded to the best DApp that fully utilises Torus’ NameResolver Feature (using Google, Reddit or Discord accounts for distributing tokens through a contact list)
- 1 Prize of CAD500 in ETH will be awarded to the best DApp that integrates Torus with Hashed Timelock Contracts for distributing airdrops
- 1 Prize of CAD500 in ETH will be awarded to the best DApp that implements Proof of Signing for documents (DocuSign) with Torus
- 1 Prize of CAD500 in ETH will be awarded to the best DApp that integrates Torus with Aragon or other DAO Factories
- 1 Prize of CAD500 in ETH will be awarded to the best DApp that integrates Torus with other Smart Contract Wallets
- 1 Prize of CAD500 in ETH will be awarded to the best DApp that integrates Torus with other Layer 2 Solutions
More information can be found at our documentation site with regards to integrating Torus with your DApp. Join the conversation to talk about your project interests in both our Discord and Telegram channels!
Torus Labs on Social
We are constantly improving Torus and adding more features to our platform, join our social media channels to keep yourself updated on our latest news and developments.
Telegram Group: https://t.me/TorusLabs
Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/4vNM65a