Note: According to the FDA, there is no evidence to suggest that food produced in the United States can transmit COVID-19. Although the transmission of COVID-19 has not been linked to food and food packaging by the USDA or the FDA, safety remains a top priority. We will continue to explore additional tools, protocols and measures as these unique circumstances evolve.
Tough Cookies is taking the recent COVID-19 outbreak very serious. Our hearts go out to all who have been affected by the COVID-19 coronavirus.
At Tough Cookies, your safety and the safety of our team is our greatest concern. We are keeping a close eye on the evolving situation and want to highlight a few of the precautionary measures we have reinforced and implemented:
- Frequent and thorough handwashing: We are reinforcing with Team Members vigilant handwashing before, continuously throughout, and after their shifts.
- Team Member health: All Team Members experiencing any flu-like symptoms must stay home. Managers are required to send home any Team Members showing signs of flu-like symptoms and report any such incidences.
- Sanitation and cleanliness: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting our kitchen, with special attention to high-contact surfaces, such as chairs, tables, and equipment, to ensure we can serve you with the highest standard of cleanliness.
As we do our part to keep our premises clean and safe, we encourage you to remind everyone in your household of the importance of practicing everyday preventive actions that can help prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily using a regular household detergent and water.
- If surfaces are dirty, they should be cleaned using a detergent and water prior to disinfection.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Always wash your hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
At Tough Cookies, we’re committed to ensuring that our service remains a place where you can turn to for healthy, goal-based meal prep. We are monitoring this evolving situation very closely and ensuring we’re doing all we can to keep you, our employees and food safe. We’ll continue to stay vigilant of the situation and keep you informed as we overcome these challenges together.
— Allie and the Tough Cookies Team