AI IN CONTENT WRITING | TOWARDS AI

Impacts of Artificial Intelligence in Content Writing

Automation of content writing by AI and its future scope

Nathan Mckinley
Oct 22 · 6 min read

Content writing is difficult. Whether your content team is a one-man-band comprising of you, or if you have a massive squad with various dedicated content writers, the task at hand is ultimately still the same. Despite everything, you still have to research the keywords, come up with relevant topic ideas, compose the content, proof-read the content, schedule, upload, share, and regularly review the content, and you get the idea, isn’t that so?

Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay

Now, imagine a world where you could depend on a super-smart machine to finish the vast majority of those activities for you.

If you think anything can be automated with AI, then you probably will not be amazed to know how many notable media organizations including The New York Times, Associated Press, Washington Post, Reuters, and Yahoo! Sports already use AI to create content. The Press Association, for instance, would now be able to create 30,000 local news stories a month utilizing AI. You may feel that these are formulaic who, where, what, and when stories and you are correct, some of them unquestionably are. But, today, AI-written content has extended beyond formulaic writing to more creative writing endeavors such as novels and poetry.

A study by Gartner predicts that nearly 20% of all business content will be authored by machines by the end of this year.

How does AI write content?

The software process that automatically makes a written narrative from data is called natural language generation (NLG). It’s as of now utilized for a variety of content generation needs in our world including business data reports, personalized email, business intelligence dashboards, and in-app messaging communication, client financial portfolio updates and the sky’s the limit from there.

The first step in NLG is to define what format of the content is wanted. Each content type from social media posts to financial reports to poetry has an interesting writing structure and style. The narrative design, also known as the template or narrative type, is developed by the end-user, by the software provider, or by the NLG solution. Some of the NLG tools accessible include Google’s Text-to-Speech, Amazon’s Polly, and Wordsmith from Automated Insights while some organizations have made in-house tools.

Similarly, with an artificial intelligence solution, ownership and access to data are pivotal. In the case of NLG, structured data is encouraged into the software and is prepared through the “conditional logic’ that’s part of the narrative design. The objective is that each piece of the output should sound like human-produced.

Image by Computerized from Pixabay

Why are organizations investing in NLG?

Similarly, as with other implementations of AI, natural language generation enables organizations to process large datasets and create more proficient than humans can. Organizations that have implemented an NLG solution can deliver a great many more narratives in a sliver of the time it would take people to write each one separately.

Moreover, NLG empowers complex personalization at scale. This can have huge service and overall experience benefits for customers. Natural language processing can likewise make data more insightful and clearer for humans who are not data specialists. While graphs and charts are visually engaging, it may be a challenge for certain people, particularly those who aren’t used to analyze data, to extract the important message they ought to receive from the visualization. NLG can further engage the reader who is looking at the information with composed summaries and key insights to go with the charts.

Examples of NLG used today

To cut research costs and time, German bank Commerzbank is utilizing AI to create equity research reports. This procedure is not yet totally automated, yet the technology is as of now ready about 75% of what a human equity analyst would have done. A few automated journalism applications are being utilized in newsrooms around the world from accelerating research to fact-checking, streamlining workflow, comment monitoring, eliminating fake news and, indeed, even writing content. The Associated Press is utilizing AI to write thousands of sports reports. Following the narrative design, the software can filter the information and decide the insights from a game that is significant for the reader to know.

How an AI Content Writer Can Improve Your Marketing Strategy?

As per a recent survey by the Content Marketing Institute, only 30% of B2B marketers believed their organizations to be powerful at content marketing, highlighting that there is so much to be enhanced. Chances are, you are incorporated in this 70% that aren’t happy with their content marketing efforts.

So exactly how could an AI content writer be the answer to making your content marketing more relevant, successful, and engaging?

Image by StockSnap from Pixabay

Research

If you have ever needed to write a blog or a similar piece of content you will see how much time and effort it takes to plan and research a topic that you accept will be a hit with your readers. Now and again it works, and sometimes it feels like a waste of sweat, blood, and tears with next to zero return.

However, thanks to an AI content writer and you can say goodbye to the long hours spent researching. By utilizing algorithms to track and identify conversations over the Internet, artificial intelligence can perceive the types of content that are demonstrating most well-known and driving the highest engagement amongst the target market, helping to guide marketers towards making the right content for the right user.

Improve Content Engagement

Continuing from our previous point, if you give your customers highly customized content that they can identify with, then hey presto your overall engagement is probably going to increase as a decent bonus. Furthermore, we all know that higher engagement rates = higher income!

Create Content Faster

This point goes without saying really. If you have a machine writing the content for you, then clearly you will be ready to make greater amounts of content at a faster pace than previously. Even though the technology we have right now still requires some human intervention, it will still extraordinarily increase productivity. If content creation was simply a matter of contributing a few requirements, reading over, pressing some buttons, and making a couple of tweaks to a piece of writing crafted by a machine, simply imagine how many different pieces of content desired at your different target markets each month. With an AI content writer, you know this content is of a top-notch as well, and not simply spinning material out for the sake of it.

Conclusion

Artificial intelligence wouldn’t like to render you useless; it just needs to make the task of writing content much simpler. We aren’t even close to reaching the maximum capacity of the joint forces of artificial intelligence and human talent; however, one thing is without a doubt, marketers would be wise to grasp it. From finding endless amounts of potentially relevant topics to write about to updating certain factors within the content to make it resonate better with the reader.

Do you think you will have the option to identify content that was composed by a bot? Try to guess if a bot wrote this poet.

You can likewise take this quiz from the New York Times to check whether you can decide if you’re reading content written by a bot or a human. Ready to try AI content for yourself? All you need to do is to give this AI writer a subject line, and it will do all the research for you!

Author Bio

Nathan Mckinley is Business Development Manager at Cerdonis Technologies LLC — mobile app development company in Chicago, USA developing mobile apps with emerging Artificial Intelligence in it for better accessibility and great user experience to the app users. He is a very well versed tech-savvy guy and loves to dig into technologies to explore more about its impacts on the mobile app development process & how it’ll help or will be beneficial for us.

Towards AI

Towards AI, is the world’s fastest-growing AI community for learning, programming, building and implementing AI.

Nathan Mckinley

Written by

I’m Business Development Manager at Cerdonis Technologies LLC - Mobile App Development Company in Chicago, USA. I do have accumulated knowledge of Latest Tech.

Towards AI

Towards AI, is the world’s fastest-growing AI community for learning, programming, building and implementing AI.

Welcome to a place where words matter. On Medium, smart voices and original ideas take center stage - with no ads in sight. Watch
Follow all the topics you care about, and we’ll deliver the best stories for you to your homepage and inbox. Explore
Get unlimited access to the best stories on Medium — and support writers while you’re at it. Just $5/month. Upgrade