5 Reasons To Encourage Teamwork In The Workplace
Some people say that teamwork in the workplace is vital…I am one of “those people”. It is very rare that a story of business success would be because of one single person. A group of people working together to work towards a goal is more like it — teamwork is a necessity. What kind of phone would we have if Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak didn’t work together to create Apple? Please don’t tell me I would have to go back to giving out my BBM number.
Every company needs a team, even it there are only two people. Teamwork can help in a workplace environment in many ways, some being essential to get a working product, and others being important to keep everyone included. There is a reason companies are working towards a more open environment. This allows offices to ditch the cubicles and encourage communication throughout the day. Each person has something different to offer — the key is being able to bring the right people together.
5 Benefits of A Teamwork-Filled Environment
- Improved Morale. Working with other people will improve team spirit, build a better work ethic and encourage communication. When a group of people are working together, each person has a greater sense of accomplishment for finishing his or her part of the project.
- Bringing In A Variety of Personality Types. Different people will excel in different areas. By assigning certain tasks to the right person, you are allowing them to work in line with what they enjoy. Having each person focus on something they are good at will allow for a greater product in the end.
- Encourages Creativity. Being able to bounce ideas off of team members and generating new ideas brings efficiency to the project. Creativity opens the door for discussing what is working and what isn’t working, which also helps to see that each person and his or her role within the team is essential.
- Allowing Flexibility. If one person hits a dead end with an aspect of an assignment, others can step in and work through the problem. This allows for less stress and prevents exhaustion for one person and again will improve communication for the entire team.
- Improved Efficiency. When you are tasked with something you enjoy rather than something that just needs to get done, you are more likely to work towards completing it faster. By having a team full of people doing what they do best, time is being saved and a better product will be the result.
Teamwork in general is motivating and encourages each person to be social and engage with other employees. Communicating is essential to work-life balance, productivity, and developing relationships with your coworkers. While it can be difficult at times, the benefits of working together far outweigh any problems that could arise.
Is teamwork a big factor within your office? Bring the group together by taking a Traitify personality assessment to see how each of you match up!